Social Sweden Stayed Open. A Deadly Month Shows the Risks (Swedish King & PM admit failure)

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/...-19-curve-could-be-naturally-self-flattening/
Nobel prize winner in Chemistry for molecular modelling predicted Sweden would reach herd immunity causing them to asymptotically approach 5000-6000 deaths. They are currently at 4,100 and slowing rapidly, so it looks like his prediction was dead on.
ML: If Sweden stops at about 5,000 or 6,000 deaths, we will know that they’ve reached herd immunity, and we didn’t need to do any kind of lockdown. My own feeling is that it will probably stop because of herd immunity. COVID is serious, it’s at least a serious flu. But it’s not going to destroy humanity as people thought.

Based Noble prize winner
He's 100% correct

Reminder:

"We didn’t need to do any kind of lockdown" - Noble Prize tier Expert

Why everyone gets a hardon for Sweden is beyond me.

It's not everyone. Right wingers in the US are against lockdowns of any kind so they rallied around Sweden as a model they feel the US should follow.

The model failed.

(1) Sweden has more deaths than their Scandinavian neighbors and more deaths per capita than the US.

(2) Sweden's economy has taken a major hit even though right wingers assured that Sweden would not suffer economically because of their no lockdown approach.

(3) "Herd immunity" is in the 5 to 7% range.

(4) Some European countries are now considering travel bans on Sweden.

But US right wingers will never admit they were wrong. A big humongous FAIL. They'll instead quietly move on and pretend they never advocated for Sweden's approach.

(1) Sweden has more deaths than their Scandinavian neighbors and more deaths per capita than the US.
Misleading. Current so-called COVID deaths has nothing to do with whether the Swedish model is better.

(2) Sweden's economy has taken a major hit even though right wingers assured that Sweden would not suffer economically because of their no lockdown approach.
Lie. Nobody claimed that.

(3) "Herd immunity" is in the 5 to 7% range.
Lie. Completely fake numbers. Herd immunity is reached as the dramatically decreasing numbers indicate according to Nobel Prize tier experts.

(4) Some European countries are now considering travel bans on Sweden.
Irrelevant

Any other anti-Swedish racist fake news you want to peddle?

It's not everyone. Right wingers in the US are against lockdowns of any kind so they rallied around Sweden as a model they feel the US should follow.

Most of the red states in the US have some of the lowest deaths per capita in the world. Trust me, we aren't relying on Sweden for validation.

How many Ls is Sweden going to take?

I do appreciate Sweden's approach to COVID because now we know what NOT to do during a pandemic. Most people already knew but now we have a test case model to point at.

Swedish media had raised concerns that residents of the country could be excluded from reopened borders, both in the Nordic region and elsewhere in Europe. In particular, news that Cyprus will not allow direct flights from Sweden, when it opens up on June 9, raised eyebrows.

Sweden has been the subject of criticism for its more relaxed coronavirus strategy, opting to keep most schools, bars and restaurants open. Sweden also did not close its borders to neighboring countries.

But Sweden's neighbors have been hesitant, with both Denmark and Norway still deciding whether to lift restrictions soon or not.

Sweden's government has continued to defend its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, despite reporting one of the highest mortality rates in the world, with 4,125 deaths, or about 40 per 100,000 people.

The country's coronavirus death toll is nearly four times the combined total of its Nordic neighbors.

The question of whether the country applied the correct strategy is also a heated debate domestically.

Sweden's former state epidemiologist, Annika Linde, who handled the country's response to swine flu and SARS, said an early lockdown could have saved lives.

''In retrospect, I think it would have been worthwhile trying the strategy of Denmark, Norway and Iceland and Finland,'' she said.

Annika Linde said she felt the need to speak out after a leading member of the health agency claimed Sweden's strategy was the best in the world.

''I felt this can't go on,'' Linde said. ''Such a denial may prevent us from acting rationally.''

https://www.dw.com/en/sweden-says-exclusion-from-nordic-travel-zone-would-be-political/a-53577098

lol if they fucked up so bad how is it the hardcore quarantine Euro nations did even worse.......

Swedish boomers react to recommendations to avoid close contact: "We don't give a fuck"

a7a101f6-f5b3-4ce0-9c09-6a97589a4ee1

<mma4><{natewhut}>

Based Chadettes

How many different fake news liar anti-Sweden racist threads are you gonna start? You're deranged

Sweden’s neighbors did a much better job with the virus. Sweden has done a very poor job across the board. This has been covered to death by now though.

How many different fake news liar anti-Sweden racist threads are you gonna start? You're deranged

Face it my dude you have really struck out with this Sweden thing. This topic has really been covered from so many sources it’s hard to read them all.

Any reason this couldn't fit into your last Sweden thread? Or were too embarrassed to go back to that one?

Face it my dude you have really struck out with this Sweden thing. This topic has really been covered from so many sources it’s hard to read them all.
You keep saying that, yet Sweden is doing fine and has reached herd immunity in the hotspots

Your "sources" are garbage

New York deaths per 100k: 150
Vermont, neighbor of New York: 9, about 4 times lower than Norway.

You keep saying that, yet Sweden is doing fine and has reached herd immunity in the hotspots

Your "sources" are garbage

No they aren’t. Countless articles and studies show that you’re wrong, you’ve been wrong and will continue to be wrong as time goes on. You’ve struck out with this Sweden things since day one. It’s been covered to death my dude.

lol if they fucked up so bad how is it the hardcore quarantine Euro nations did even worse.......
I think you mistaken the cause and effect.

The lockdowns were imposed because they already had massive number of cases, and the movement restrictions ensured infection rates start declining after a week or two.

No they aren’t. Countless articles and studies show that you’re wrong, you’ve been wrong and will continue to be wrong as time goes on. You’ve struck out with this Sweden things since day one. It’s been covered to death my dude.
You have no credible sources to back up your soy arguments. What has been covered to death however is that you are a garbage bigoted anti-Sweden poster that contributes zero to any discussion except being a good target for mockery

You have no credible sources to back up your soy arguments. What has been covered to death however is that you are a garbage bigoted anti-Sweden poster that contributes zero to any discussion except being a good target for mockery

Have a good day mate. I’ll make sure to contact you the next time there is another one of these threads.

Most of the red states in the US have some of the lowest deaths per capita in the world. Trust me, we aren't relying on Sweden for validation.

And here's an example of the not so subtle distancing from Sweden right wingers are forced to make now. They're so predictable.

Sweden’s neighbors did a much better job with the virus. Sweden has done a very poor job across the board. This has been covered to death by now though.

I agree its been roundly established that Sweden failed big time.

But I felt that they being subject to travel bans now is worthy of its own discussion instead of it getting lost in the bigger Sweden thread.

Back