Swain mat question.

Ghosted-Barra

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering how the swain rolls compare to swain or zebra tatami mats. Is anyone here familiar with both and can tell me which they prefer and why? I am trying to decide on which flooring style to go with. Thanks a ton.

i dont really know but if you dont mind me asking why are you buying mats?

Well I am wanting to open a gym before too much longer and I was just wanting to know what the general public liked better thats all. Our school has the full swain flooring and I am not a big fan of that. So I am trying to decide between the traditional tatami ( 2inch thick) or the swain roll mats of the same thickness.

I used to train on Swain mats....they were great, but super expensive. I don't know what it's called or who makes it but go with a seemless floor (it has a border around the whole thing and you stretch it and nail it down) It's wonderfull because it doesn't have cracks in it.

I used to train on Swain mats....they were great, but super expensive. I don't know what it's called or who makes it but go with a seemless floor (it has a border around the whole thing and you stretch it and nail it down) It's wonderfull because it doesn't have cracks in it.

go seemless......so you don't get stuck in the cracks, and won't get moldy.

I have been on both and get the Zebras if you can. They are expensive but worth it.

Swain Mats are great because you don't have to construct a frame to hold them, which wasn't an option for my gym. They are very light and easy to install, on the other hand they only come in 6ft. widths so if you have a space that say is 21ft wide you will have to use 4 rolls and cut a roll in half which causes alot of waste. They aren't cheap either.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=706612

Back