Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Caleb Dies After Train Accident)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
103341_D00576b_a_l.jpg

Two past "Survivor" winners and a former "Big Brother" champion are among the 20 contestants who will compete on the CBS reality show's 27th season. Ten familiar faces will be among the 20 castaways competing for $1 million on the 27th cycle of CBS' Survivor. Themed "Blood vs. Water," the competition includes 10 previous contestants who will be competing with -- and ultimately against -- their loved ones. The season kicks off with a 90-minute episode at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 18.

Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Meet the Returning Players (Again) and the Loved Ones They'll Compete With

Colton is baaaack. Love to hate him but have to admit he made his season a whole lot more interesting.

Looks like Candice will be my muse this season. Always found her attractive.

103341_D01012b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Rupert Boneham, 49
Current Residence: Indianapolis, Ind.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Laura Boneham's husband
Survivor History: Pearl Islands (second jury member); All Stars (sixth jury member, won fan favorite); Heroes vs. Villains (seventh jury member)
Remembered For: He kicked off his first time playing Survivor by stealing the opposite tribe's shoes and using them as barter to secure supplies.
Why He's Returning to Survivor: Survivor has been one of the most exciting experiences in my life, and to have the chance to share that with my wife is amazing.

103341_D01018b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Laura Boneham, 44
Current Residence: Indianapolis, Ind.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Rupert Boneham's Wife
Reason for Being on Survivor: Winning $1 million and accomplishing my goal of being on the show.
Why She Wants to Play With Rupert: For me to have the opportunity to play the game of Survivor is amazing. To actually play the game of Survivor with my husband, Rupert, by my side is an absolute dream come true.

103341_D01132b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Tina Wesson, 52
Current Residence: Robbinsville, N.C.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Katie Collins' mother
Survivor History: Australia (winner); All Stars (first out, non-jury)
Remembered For: She beat presumed winner Colby Donaldson on the show's second cycle, which began the tradition of revealing the winner in a live finale. She never had a single vote cast against her. Her second time, she immediately was targeted and was the first to leave.
Why She's Returning to Survivor: Survivor gets in your blood. It is a thrill and an honor to get to play.

103341_D01099b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Katie Collins, 25
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Tina Wesson's daughter
Reason for Being on Survivor: Claiming the title of “sole survivor” would be a huge accomplishment. Being able to do this with my mom is the coolest!
Why She Wants to Play With Tina: My mom is the single most amazing person I know. To play Survivor together definitely tops any experience we have ever had together. I can't wait to compete with or against this truly amazing woman; as a daughter and a best friend, it's an honor.

103341_D00624b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Kat Edorsson, 23
Current Residence: Orlando, Fla.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Hayden Moss' girlfriend
Survivor History: One World (sixth jury member)
Remembered For: Kat was blindsided after proving herself unpredictable. She was the subject of many a tribal council debate over whether she needed more life experience.
Why She's Returning to Survivor: Living states away for a year now, winning Survivor would change our lives. Besides, who doesn't want to see what their man is made of!

103341_D00721b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Hayden Moss, 26
Current Residence: Springtown, Texas
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Kat Edorsson's boyfriend
Why He'll "Survive" Survivor: I have already played and won a game very similar to Survivor.
Why He Wants to Play With Kat: Survivor is the adventure of a lifetime, and being able to share that adventure with someone I love is amazing! I can't wait to compete with or against Kat, and watch our relationship grow!

103341_D00412b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Gervase Peterson, 43
Current Residence: Philadelphia, Pa.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Marissa Peterson's uncle
Survivor History: Borneo (third jury member)
Remembered For: He competed on the show's first season, where he sometimes appeared lazy due to his strategy of preserving his strength for challenges.
Why He's Returning to Survivor: I felt that I could win the game if given another chance.

103341_D00436b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Marissa Peterson, 21
Current Residence: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Gervase Peterson's niece
Reason for Being on Survivor: To win $1 million and to see if I’m really as tough as I think I am.
Why She Wants to Play With Gervase: Playing Survivor with Gerv would be the most amazing experience, from watching him on TV in 4th grade, to getting to bond with him in the most intense and competitive setting.

103341_D00359b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Colton Cumbie, 22
Current Residence: Collinsville, Ala.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Caleb Bankston's fianc

103341_D01201b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Tyson Apostol, 34
Current Residence: Provo, Utah
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Rachel Foulger's boyfriend
Survivor History: Tocantins (second jury member); Heroes vs. Villains (sixth voted out)
Remembered For: He changed his vote at tribal council during Heroes vs. Villains, which effectively resulted in his own elimination.
Why He's Returning to Survivor: I returned to Survivor to play with my loved one so we could make some sweet cash, have a rad experience and an excuse to take all life’s responsibilities off for a couple months.

103341_D01180b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Rachel Foulger, 33
Current Residence: Provo, Utah
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Tyson Apostol's girlfriend
Reason for Being on Survivor: Obviously for the money, but also for the challenge.
Why She Wants to Play With Tyson: To play Survivor with Tyson is an experience we will remember forever. We both would love to be millionaires and both believe we deserve it.

103341_D00127b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Aras Baskauskas, 31
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Vytas Baskauskas' brother
Survivor History: Panama – Exile Island (winner)
Remembered for: After making the final two, he slipped on a wet rock and fell on day 39, sending shards of glass into his hand and back, requiring stitches. Also, he won.
Why He's Returning to Survivor: Early in our lives, [Vytas and I] had a very rocky relationship. Taking on adventures as adults gives us the chance to make up for lost time.

103341_D00078b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Vytas Baskauskas, 33
Current Residence: Santa Monica, Calif.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Aras Baskauskas' brother
Reason for Being on Survivor: I want to be on the show for the experience. I truly believe I can outwit, outplay and outlast. Of course I also want the prize.
Why He Wants to Play With Aras: I love my brother very much and this experience will surely bring us closer together. That being said, there can only be one sole survivor. ... Whether I win the game or not, I desperately want to beat my brother.

103341_D00241b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Candice Cody, 30
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: John Cody's wife
Survivor History: Cook Islands (13th out, fifth jury member); Heroes vs. Villians (13th out, fifth jury member)
Remembered For: After she (along with Jonathan Penner) volunteered to switch tribes, she was considered a traitor and sent to Exile Island four times.
Why She Wants to Play with John: I can't think of anybody I would trust more to be on my side as a teammate. I’m very proud of my husband, and I want to show him off!

103341_D00221b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: John Cody, 30
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Candice Cody's husband
Reason for Being on Survivor: This is one of the most intense intellectual and physical challenges I can think of, and being able to play with Candice will make it that much more interesting and crazy!
Why He Wants to Play With Candice: How many people can say they’ve competed in a game for $1 million with the love of their life? ... And this will be a crazy story for us to tell our kids someday.

103341_D00843b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Laura Morett, 43
Current Residence: Salem, Ore.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Ciera Eastin's mother
Survivor History: Samoa (third jury member)
Remembered For: Laura was voted out after a 5-5 tie between herself and eventual winner Natalie White.
Why She's Returning to Survivor: So that Ciera will understand what I went through. Now for the rest of our lives, we'll always have this experience to remember and share.

103341_D00798b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Ciera Eastin, 24
Current Residence: Salem, Ore.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Laura Morett's daughter
Reason for Being on Survivor: I want to beat my mom. I love her, but you have to have tough skin in my family, and my mom needs to be shown the real Survivor in our family.
Why She Wants to Play With Laura: I really would like to show my mom that I can survive and I can do things on my own, and not only can I do them, but I might just even do them better than her!

103341_D00918b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Monica Culpepper, 42
Current Residence: Tampa, Fla.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Brad Culpepper's Wife
Survivor History: One World (fifth voted out, non-jury)
Remembered For: She got blindsided by Colton Cumbie.
Why She's Returning to Survivor: I wanted the chance to redeem myself from my early exit on One World and there is no better way to do that than with the love of my life and lifelong tribe mate, Brad.

103341_D00962b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Brad Culpepper, 44
Current Residence: Tampa, Fla.
Occupation: Attorney and retired NFL player. Played for the Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Monica Culpepper's husband
Reason for Being on Survivor: Redeem my wife for being blindsided by Colton.
Why He Wants to Play With Monica: Monica means more to me than anyone in this world. While this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I will always place her before me as I would never want to jeopardize her Survivor flame.

Article describing all the twists they're doing this season. I think they're way over doing it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/21/survivor-blood-vs-water-new-cast-and-lots-of-twists-revealed/

Cliffs:
-Shortly after being seperated into tribes each tribe will have to vote someone out.
-Redemption Island is back.
-Duels will be between three people. Last place finisher eliminated.
-Before a duel starts players have the opportunity to switch places with their loved one.
-First place finisher in each duel gets to give a hidden immunity idol clue to one player on either tribe.

103341_D00624b_a_p.jpg

Returning Player: Kat Edorsson, 23
Current Residence: Orlando, Fla.
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Hayden Moss' girlfriend
Survivor History: One World (sixth jury member)
Remembered For: Kat was blindsided after proving herself unpredictable. She was the subject of many a tribal council debate over whether she needed more life experience.
Why She's Returning to Survivor: Living states away for a year now, winning Survivor would change our lives. Besides, who doesn't want to see what their man is made of!

103341_D00721b_a_p.jpg

Loved One: Hayden Moss, 26
Current Residence: Springtown, Texas
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Kat Edorsson's boyfriend
Why He'll "Survive" Survivor: I have already played and won a game very similar to Survivor.
Why He Wants to Play With Kat: Survivor is the adventure of a lifetime, and being able to share that adventure with someone I love is amazing! I can't wait to compete with or against Kat, and watch our relationship grow!

Watching the big brother feeds a few weeks ago Elissa was telling the house how Hayden was gonna be on this season.

candice is pretty good, and kat was entertaining.

xjnz.gif

Colton should have brought back his black housekeeper as his loved one.

I looked at Kat's partner and thought "oh he looks like Hayden from BB"... derp.

I expect this season to be shit with all of the gimmicks and twists. I also don't think any of the returning players were exactly strategic masterminds so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

So I take it this Hayden guy doesn't mind playing cuck to Kat's brother? She was the creepy incestuous one right?

So I take it this Hayden guy doesn't mind playing cuck to Kat's brother? She was the creepy incestuous one right?

It was actually her cousin but yeah she's the one.

Initial thoughts on the season and returnees:

I'm torn on the way they're dividing the tribes. When the season was first announced I assumed that Blood vs Water meant that it would be blood relatives vs non blood relatives. I typically don't like when they do tribes of veterans vs tribes of newbies because the veterans have a huge advantage but if they had done mixed tribes I probably would have been just as annoyed because we would tribes of five pairs instead of tribes of ten individuals.

-Do we really need Rupert back for a fourth time? He's gotten less tolerable every single time and at this point I'm tired of his gimmick.
-If I hadn't heard Aras on Rob Cesternino's podcast I'd probably say what the fuck. However, he was a really good guest for the three or four episodes he has been on so I'm excited to see him.
-I hated Colton in One World but his medivac really hurt the second half of that season. The twist where they vote someone out right away makes it really easy for his tribe to vote him out immediately. I don't see him doing well on Redemption Island so I think it's pointless to bring him back for this season.
-Tyson is a really funny guy and will make good TV as long as they give him camera time. I'm surprised they're bringing him back after he basically voted himself out last time.
-I liked Gervas a lot on the first season and have always wanted to see him come back. It will be interesting to see how much he's changed since it's been over a decade.
-Even though she's not a good player she was a fun character so I'm fine with Kat being brought back. Hayden was a smart Big Brother player so if they both last to the point where they are on the same tribe I could see them doing well together.
-I never thought Candice was good character or player so I'm shocked that she is somehow playing the game for a third time when so many other people have only played once. I also can't believe someone would give up a surname like Woodcock.
-I don't have a problem with Tina, Monica, and Laura by themselves but I think it's pretty redundant to have all three of them on the same tribe. I think they'll get along and if they can get a couple people on their side they could potentially dominate their tribe early on.

I'll probably try and get to know the newbies some time later today or tomorrow. I've never really had a problem with the idea of casting someone's family member on one of these shows but only if the person is interesting enough to get cast on their own merits and not just people of who they know.

We just had a Fans vs Favorites season. We don't need another one.

Back