• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Supreme Court blocks Biden administration’s eviction moratorium

They put down a down payment and maybe some money for renovations. From there in out it's all just extracting money from people in the form of rent to pay for the mortgage and maintenance and taxes; but keep kicking that boot.
Do you own? Or rent?

Sounds an awful lot like you do want to see people becoming unhoused for the crime of placing their health and wellbeing over the passive income of property owners.

Why don't you buy a house.
Then you can rent it out to someone that doesn't pay the rent.

I'd love to read your post about you experience after a year or so.

You would have a more informed perspective.

I have zero desire to be a landlord and I never have.

If the government doesn't want people to be evicted, they should pay their rent for them. Why is that such a hard concept to understand?

Eviction moratorium are like if, instead of food stamps, the government put in a shop-lifting moratorium for grocery stores.

Brilliant post.

I have zero desire to be a landlord and I never have.

You're clearly a low ambition individual who doesn't understand the value of following through on your commitments/contracts. Sounds like you're a selfish leech.

Brilliant post.

You're clearly a low ambition individual who doesn't understand the value of following through on your commitments/contracts. Sounds like you're a selfish leech.
And you clearly have an unwarranted high opinion of yourself.

The guy's a troll. He already said the same stupid shit in another thread a few weeks ago and actually said "all the tenant gets for their money is a house to live in", then he bounced out of the thread when I asked if uber drivers should be allowed to charge for rides since according to his logic, they're just listening to the radio all day while other people pay for their car and gas and give them free money.

You know it's a troll because obviously if these people believed it, they would use this free money glitch and buy houses to rent out themselves, but they don't because they don't actually believe it, they're just deadbeats looking for free shit and don't really care at whose expense.

That dude's old enough to have a 13 year old account too.
Yeah, I stopped talking him in another thread. It's always extracting this extracting that to the point that society would cease to exist no matter the ideology.

Coppin’ at least one other home when this shit crashes and some homes come back on the market at reasonable costs.

I, like most everyone, couldn't afford my own house if I bought it at todays value. I would be essentially, priced out of my own neighborhood.

Wonder if the house market going to crash. Was thinking About buying a second home, if alot of homes hit the markets.
The housing market isn't gonna crash for years. It isn't being driven by speculation, its a supply and demand problem. The supply side will take years to normalize. I read that we don't even have enough construction contractors available to fulfill the latent demand, because so many of them exited the industry post 2008 housing crash. Now is a good time to go into construction for anyone interested, should be a hot sector for the next 10 years at least.

Back