Supplements on vacation

numberthirtytwo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Going on a road trip for 2 weeks with some friends. Trying to pack light, and taking a couple weeks off training except some runs, pushups, whatever I can manage. But here's the question: I take beta alanine and creatine. Should I bring them and a teaspoon and try to keep them in my system? Or does the potential unloading not really matter, or not enough to justify the extra trouble/packing weight? Anyone ever go through this on vacation?

I was recently out of state for just under a week. I packed only my multivitamins, Vit D, fish oil, and magnesium. In other words, just the essentials, as I see them. Had no trouble with security carrying around a few days worth of each, even in my carry on, FYI.

For anything else, it's usually harmless, if not beneficial, to simply go a few days without, IMO.

Went out of town for 10 days recently. Took my multi and a fresh bottle of fish oil, easy enough.

be sure to put it in a fanny pack and carry it around everywhere with you

imo, i think that taking time away from all supps is beneficial. just something to consider

I was recently out of state for just under a week. I packed only my multivitamins, Vit D, fish oil, and magnesium. In other words, just the essentials, as I see them. Had no trouble with security carrying around a few days worth of each, even in my carry on, FYI.

For anything else, it's usually harmless, if not beneficial, to simply go a few days without, IMO.

How much magnesium do you take? I am taking 200 mg right now and am wondering if I should bump it up to 400.

Going on a road trip for 2 weeks with some friends. Trying to pack light, and taking a couple weeks off training except some runs, pushups, whatever I can manage. But here's the question: I take beta alanine and creatine. Should I bring them and a teaspoon and try to keep them in my system? Or does the potential unloading not really matter, or not enough to justify the extra trouble/packing weight? Anyone ever go through this on vacation?

In two weeks you will lose some, but probably not all, the saturation effect from BA and creatine. It's really your call on if it's worth it to you to drag them along or not. In the big picture, I'd say it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference but if you want to return and immediately have full benefits from the supplements you'd probably want to keep up on your dosages.

Just FYI, I

I always take everything with me no matter what. 2 days, 2 weeks, doesn't matter. I always try to keep my workout schedule as well if it is at all possible, even if I have to modify it. That way I can feel better about vacationing in the first place.

tough call! i think im gonna pack up and see if I'm light or heavy and then decide. Forgot about the fish oil too, I'd have to bring about 100 of them. Knew that would get inconvenient sometime

I'd just leave them at home and not worry about it for a couple of weeks.

Roadtrips can be stressful and fuckup the diet so bad I try to take what I can with me. Mixup some whey, flavours, and any powder supplements in a big bowl and take them in an old Tang container. Add one shaker bottle and one of those plastic mint/gum containers of bakeing soda for deodorizing the shaker (absolutely required). For me having the option of a good shake when eating roadfood cleans up my world. The worst rest-stops in the world have a salad somewhere, and I have a shake to go with it.

Back