supplements before training

trosh86

White Belt
Reaction score
i was wondering if i should take any supplements before training, for the first 30 minutes we usually do a workout, close to the bas rutten ones.
2 of the days though we do not do the workout and just do a warmup. now i searched the forums and looked at the faq. the search had nothing show up. and the faq i couldnt find anything.
on google i have read things both for and against taking supplemants before training.
so should i take stuff like creatine, glutamine, and beta alanine before i train?
or should i take something i did not mention.
thanks

No glutamine. Creatine is fine. BA should be PWO not pre. I take "vendetta" myself.

now i searched the forums and looked at the faq. the search had nothing show up. and the faq i couldnt find anything.

I got the following link from the FAQ: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/r...smitter-nootropic-pre-workout-formula-382882/

I take a great mixture called Buzz Saw from True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements. It has BCAA's, caffeine, etc. I also add BA on the advice of this forum. Vedic, I was under the impression BA was supposed to be consumed PreWO. Has this changed?

I don't take it but when Dave Barr wrote that article on it he said PWO

Beta Alanine is a neural inhibitor,so it's better to take it pwo.

Beta Alanine is a neural inhibitor,so it's better to take it pwo.

Yeah, no shit. A massive parasympathetic response preWO is just NOT cool. I can't count how many times I was attempting to warmup before training, looking pasty white, and feeling like I was going to hurl. Trust me, PWO is way, WAY better.

holy shit, eh? BA for PWO? why did no one tell me?

Shit. I have been looking for this thread cuz Ive been taking in PreWO too. I thought because its supposed to help you push through your workouts better or more intense, it made sense to take it PreWO. I guess ill change it up now?

EDIT:
This might be a stupid question but...Do you guys take BA on off days? I keep forgetting to take mine on off days. Usually the weekends.

ya news to me! on my bottle it says 2 hours before working out and immediately after? So maybe the 2 hours allows it to get in ur body with no ill effects when u workout??

Neural inhibitor, but I don't know how long the effects last for. I would say minimum 2 hours but it would surely depend on the dosing

but IcemanRX has BA in their PreWO pill. surely they know what they're doing?

but IcemanRX has BA in their PreWO pill. surely they know what they're doing?

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Back