supplement storage temperatures

TKMaxx715

saggy pants
@Blue
Reaction score
So i just recently had to move and i havent pulled all the shit out of my car in a couple of days. I realized last night that I still have my creatine and multivitamins in the car that has been exposed to hot ass weather (with black leather). Will this make the shit rancid/give me the squirts/not work as effectively?

I can imagine something like fish oil going bad due to extreme heat but I'm not sure about creatine or multivitamins. Also, are the expiration dates significant in these products? I have had that creatine and multivitamin for approximately 6 months and have hardly touched them.

Thanks in advance

I leave my supps in my trunk 24/7
but I live in Canada not texas eh

Obviously fish oil and hot weather are not a good mix, so you're probably screwed on that one but I'm not sure if creatine etc would be a problem. I looked at the label on my creatine tub and it simply said, 'keep in a dry, cool place' but didn't refer to specific temperatures. So take that for what it's worth (which isn't much).

fish oil would be the only problem goin rancid in heat

Since I'm rolling to Iraq in a few weeks, I started questioning my diet and supplement routine for the deployment.

I was wondering about how well stuff like protein, beta alanine, creatine, and greens powders kept in hot temperatures. Artificial sweeteners are also a concern.

A buddy was lecturing me on aspartame in hot weather turning into something toxic but google is giving me a mess of crappy information that doesn't seem relevant.

If anyone has seen a pertinent article on that one way or another I'd appreciate a link.

Back