[Suplex City] Alexander Romanov Hype Train [GIF heavy]

o
If he works on his striking abit he will be a force for sure.
Not a bit, but alot.
He showed amazing grappling last night. Spectacular dominance and the first forearm choke in UFC history.

However, this won't work on Werdum, Blaydes, and Stipe.

Wish him best of luck, and hope he get's in a lot of good boxers and MT fighters to spar cause this hype train is officially legit, and I'm on board the magical journey.

Wow don't think I have seen anyone pull of a forearm choke for such a long time in MMA, you have to be seriously strong to do that. Great win

He's a good prospect for sure. Maybe he can fight Arlovski next. That seems to be the test to see if you're actually legit.

o

Not a bit, but alot.
He showed amazing grappling last night. Spectacular dominance and the first forearm choke in UFC history.

However, this won't work on Werdum, Blaydes, and Stipe.

Wish him best of luck, and hope he get's in a lot of good boxers and MT fighters to spar cause this hype train is officially legit, and I'm on board the magical journey.
Well Werdum is done now officially I think with the UFC, so dosen't have to worry about him. But yeah He's definitely going to want to look to broaden his game in case that grappling dosen't hold up against certain opponents to the kind of level he gets success at currently with it.

Well Werdum is done now officially I think with the UFC, so dosen't have to worry about him. But yeah He's definitely going to want to look to broaden his game in case that grappling dosen't hold up against certain opponents to the kind of level he gets success at currently with it.
Agreed, he has great offensive wrestling and beautiful bjj transitions, but if somebody like Francis lands on him like his opponent last night, it’s nights out, harambè.

Why did you post him losing to Akgul though?

Isn't this supposed to be a hype train? Lol.
Loses aren't great.. but Akgul is the second (arguably first) best heavyweight in freestyle right now. At least he didn't get tech-falled. Akgul used to destroy everyone with his ankle lace.

He's a good prospect for sure. Maybe he can fight Arlovski next. That seems to be the test to see if you're actually legit.
I like that Arlovski match up a lot. I don’t think he gets it, though, since Arlovski has won 2 in a row and 3-2 in his last 5 (should have probably won that split dec vs Sakai so could be 4-1).

Arlovski has always been a solid grappler and I really can’t remember a time when he’d gotten grapple fukked. Did he ever get outgrappled badly?

Anyway, we really need to see some more of this Romanov guy. Hell of a wrestler and a HW.

He was etting chewed up early on by Pezao with those low kicks and a few heavy shots but ended up steamrolling him. I like Romanov a lot, he's a bit different, something new-ish for the division. Dunno how far he can go but I'll enjoy watching him.

BsnYlRL.gif

KUAgCJo.gif

Wlhdd82.gif

gVlliYP.gif

sVVS2Nb.gif

7e028uz.gif

fKZEv1B.gif

1Ic0eEx.gif

SparklingBarrenFlyingsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

wijDHSp.gif

3rOmp3c.gif

QBhoGBG.gif

FixpQDk.gif

Gc0cHoP.gif

I love suplexs or slams in general look forward to his fight and seeing more slams in the future

If he tries that, Espino by sub in round 1.

Romanov was a blue belt in BJJ until four days ago.
Espino has been a black belt for 10 plus years.

Espino has a better striking, better sub game, better BJJ, much much better guard game, much longer reach, better cardio, better team, better training.

Espino training with Romero and Oleiniks and other heavyweights at american top team, Romanov training with middle age non-professional BJJ whilte belts and nobodies at who knows where gym.

Only thing Romanov has on Espino is his age. This is very deceiving as fuck. Espino by quick sub if Romanov fights like this.

Romanov was a blue belt in BJJ until four days ago.
Espino has been a black belt for 10 plus years.

Espino has a better striking, better sub game, better BJJ, much much better guard game, much longer reach, better cardio, better team, better training.

Espino training with Romero and Oleiniks and other heavyweights at american top team, Romanov training with middle age non-professional BJJ whilte belts and nobodies at who knows where gym.

Only thing Romanov has on Espino is his age. This is very deceiving as fuck. Espino by quick sub if Romanov fights like this.
tenor.gif

I would be pleasantly shocked & overly impressed if he suplexed Espino. Looking forward to seeing which guy takes a step towards the top 10-15. Leaning Espino, seems more potent on the feet. Romanov is considerably younger so an L wouldn't be too big of a setback. Espino really cant afford to lose if he wants to make a run into contention.

The human suplex machine
Imagine doing that to someone on concrete, it might be instant death

I would be pleasantly shocked & overly impressed if he suplexed Espino. Looking forward to seeing which guy takes a step towards the top 10-15. Leaning Espino, seems more potent on the feet. Romanov is considerably younger so an L wouldn't be too big of a setback. Espino really cant afford to lose if he wants to make a run into contention.

Espino is literally better EVERYWHERE. Other than being older, but it's a heavyweight fight between two grapplers, would it matter?

Back