• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (New Set Photos Featuring Superman, Lois Lane and Mister Terrific, post #667)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
James Gunn confirms new Superman movie won't be an origin story. Also confirms he met with Ben Affleck to discuss the possibility of directing a future movie.

I wonder if he will file suit for leaving the Witcher series? He left , I think, to reprise his role as Sup's..

All the Witcher fans right now
n8ow11j.gif

My issue with Warhammer is that fact that it might be too deep in lore to pick up at any one point. You have what you think might be a good starting point, but could probably meet hundreds of others that can pick hundreds of other points to start from.
You're right, there are many great potential starting points between 30k to 40k, but I don't see that as an issue. There are so many great characters and storylines from novels they can use.

I always like movies/series that dump us in the middle of a focused story that takes place in a fleshed out world, if only teased. That's what I loved about Star Wars when I first saw it. It gives us a glimpse of something bigger happening at first, while focusing on a simple farmer. Ben and Luke teasing us about some epic clone wars battle from the past just let your imagination run wild.

I started with the Horus Heresy books, which is set in the 31st millennium. I knew next to nothing of the lore and was gripped instantly. I'd love to see it adapted at some point, but I think that would be far too ambitious as a first live action Warhammer thing though.

Gregor Eisenhorn is such a great character, in a tighter storyline with fewer characters, that slowly opens the world up. I can see why it's the only one in any serious kind of development atm. He's 40-ish, perfect for Cavill, who's also a 40k nut.

Seeing Cavill's post on this just makes me sad. I think they're making a big mistake. Superman is not an easy cast.

aDY1oGO_460swp.webp

I wonder if he will file suit for leaving the Witcher series? He left , I think, to reprise his role as Sup's..
Pretty sure he left Witcher cause the whole production just shits on established lore. Having the return as Superman was probably just icing on the cake for him.

I’m bummed he isn’t returning, he was a legit Supes.

Pretty sure he left Witcher cause the whole production just shits on established lore. Having the return as Superman was probably just icing on the cake for him.

I’m bummed he isn’t returning, he was a legit Supes.
Witcher could have been so good. But…. Nope.

You're right, there are many great potential starting points between 30k to 40k, but I don't see that as an issue. There are so many great characters and storylines from novels they can use.

I always like movies/series that dump us in the middle of a focused story that takes place in a fleshed out world, if only teased. That's what I loved about Star Wars when I first saw it. It gives us a glimpse of something bigger happening at first, while focusing on a simple farmer. Ben and Luke teasing us about some epic clone wars battle from the past just let your imagination run wild.

I started with the Horus Heresy books, which is set in the 31st millennium. I knew next to nothing of the lore and was gripped instantly. I'd love to see it adapted at some point, but I think that would be far too ambitious as a first live action Warhammer thing though.

Gregor Eisenhorn is such a great character, in a tighter storyline with fewer characters, that slowly opens the world up. I can see why it's the only one in any serious kind of development atm. He's 40-ish, perfect for Cavill, who's also a 40k nut.

Seeing Cavill's post on this just makes me sad. I think they're making a big mistake. Superman is not an easy cast.

aDY1oGO_460swp.webp
You could honestly create an entirely new storyline within the universe and it would still be totally fine. It’s that damn big. I would love just a simple Astartes mission as a pure action series. Cosmic Horror + Badass Weaponry + Amazing Testosterone Dialogue? Sign me up.

Give it to John McTeirnan to direct.

Seems like they really are planning to start from square one with everything. I’m fine with this since outside of Batman most DC films weren’t very good. I would’ve kept Cavil though, he seemed to understand the character and is still perfect for the role but I also understand wanting to cut ties with the old cast.

He left Witcher because he hated how the writers ignored the lore from the book. Not for Superman. I’m sure that may have been another reason but he was unhappy with the direction of the show.

From what I read, the showrunner said they're going to start being more faithful to the books. We'll see, I guess.

Back