Superman III - we need to discuss this movie.

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a very, very underrated movie. Here's my issue; how is Superman able to get drunk at the bar when he's still got his superpowers ? Granted, he's becoming 'evil,' but that shouldn't change the fact that alcohol shouldn't have any effect on him.

Secondly; when the "good" superman comes out of the bad superman's head, he goes on to kill him. So are we supposed to accept that the original superman is gone ? We have to assume we're left with a carbon copy, right ?

Still love the blond bimbo and horn dog drunk sups. Pryor was a comedy genius, even in a goofy role like that.

A very underrated film. I liked it.
If the script/plot wasn't changed so many times, we would've seen Brainiac in this film.

This along with Superman 4 were the dark days of Reeve's run as Superman

Isn't this the movie where Pryor skied down a building?

Yeah, terrible.

I'll admit I haven't seen it in decades, but if it had any epic Superman moments, can someone remind me?

Secondly; when the "good" superman comes out of the bad superman's head, he goes on to kill him. So are we supposed to accept that the original superman is gone ? We have to assume we're left with a carbon copy, right ?

It was a metaphor.

There weren't two supermen. It was superman having an internal struggle with himself and the effects of the red kryptonite. Think fight club.

maxresdefault.jpg

Clark Kents mild mannered personality won (after getting pissed for real for real) and the superman we know came back.

This along with Superman 4 were the dark days of Reeve's run as Superman

Agree. I accept them, but I generally avoid 3 and 4.

My hope is that one day, they get the balls to make a legit Injustice based movie., but there's no way they make Supes a villain to kids.

I was just a kid watching this. That big computer eating that woman scared the hell out of me

Agree. I accept them, but I generally avoid 3 and 4.

My hope is that one day, they get the balls to make a legit Injustice based movie., but there's no way they make Supes a villain to kids.

Closest we have gotten so far and, it was awesome. Makes me hope they may at least do half a film like this, one day!

And, Superman being a dick and straightening up the Tower Of Pisa and blowing out the Olympic Torch rank among my favourite moments in any superhero film, those alone make III cool, dammit!

Superman taking shots of Johnny Walker is one of my favorite gifs.

Back