SuperFight Roy Jones Junior vs Muhammad Ali

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What you guys think of this one? I honestly couldn't pick one over the other if both were in their prime.

What you guys think of this one? I honestly couldn't pick one over the other if both were in their prime.

e04mqt.jpg

...are you serious?
This.

Beating John Ruiz does not mean you can beat a prime Ali.

Now if you are talking about the old battered Ali that didn't know when to quit then may be.

Seriously you ought to get dubbed for this bullshit now.

Take away your thread-making abilities for a little while because most are worthless threads anyway. What's worse is you're not even trolling with this nonsense, you're actually serious with this bullshit. My God, you're so obtuse, you really have no idea.

I think some of yall or selling this fight short. I think this fight would be better then yall are thinking. Here way.I think this fight would take place with RJJ around 190 and Ali 225ish.

How many fighters did Ali face that were as fast as he was, I not just talking hand speed but over all footwork and can move around the ring like him. Ali biggest adv. when he was young(before Frazier) was his speed. He based his whole fight plan on being able to move around like a MW and in this fight RJJ would be the the faster fighter not by much but slightly.

I think this causes Ali trouble, It would puts him in the role of the big man. So he might try to walk down Rjj and go for the KO. We all no RJJ can't take a punch but how many people landed cleanly on him when he was in his prime. NO one. So that might be able to allow RJJ to take most of the rds.

Another thing if Ali was to try and pot shot Rjj, he would miss. RJJ was great at maintaining distance and so was Ali. Ali was willing to put himself in danger and RJJ wasn't. So in this Fight I think Ali chases Rjj for most of the night and Give Rjj alot of chance to pot shot him coming in.

Now to who win, I still think it would be Ali, but I don't think it would be a one sided beating like some of yall are thinking.

Well given that Ali wasnt as big as the heavyweights in this day in age, it seems like the weight could be relatively close. Flame if you like but the fact is RJJ is one of the greatest fighters to be put on this earth. As well as Ali. I think it would be an amazing fight.

I think some of yall or selling this fight short. I think this fight would be better then yall are thinking. Here way.I think this fight would take place with RJJ around 190 and Ali 225ish.

How many fighters did Ali face that were as fast as he was, I not just talking hand speed but over all footwork and can move around the ring like him. Ali biggest adv. when he was young(before Frazier) was his speed. He based his whole fight plan on being able to move around like a MW and in this fight RJJ would be the the faster fighter not by much but slightly.

I think this causes Ali trouble, It would puts him in the role of the big man. So he might try to walk down Rjj and go for the KO. We all no RJJ can't take a punch but how many people landed cleanly on him when he was in his prime. NO one. So that might be able to allow RJJ to take most of the rds.

Another thing if Ali was to try and pot shot Rjj, he would miss. RJJ was great at maintaining distance and so was Ali. Ali was willing to put himself in danger and RJJ wasn't. So in this Fight I think Ali chases Rjj for most of the night and Give Rjj alot of chance to pot shot him coming in.

Now to who win, I still think it would be Ali, but I don't think it would be a one sided beating like some of yall are thinking.

Good post, but the weight part i would have even closer I was looking up his fights. He fought Floyd Patterson at 188 pounds. His average was around 205. So ya Ali wouldn't be as big as some are thinking.

Seriously you ought to get dubbed for this bullshit now.

Take away your thread-making abilities for a little while because most are worthless threads anyway. What's worse is you're not even trolling with this nonsense, you're actually serious with this bullshit. My God, you're so obtuse, you really have no idea.

LOL this coming from a guy that trolls in almost every post I see

Good post, but the weight part i would have even closer I was looking up his fights. He fought Floyd Patterson at 188 pounds. His average was around 205. So ya Ali wouldn't be as big as some are thinking.

Ok, I knew he was small when he had the Patterson fight but I thinking the HW div was 205 back then and was putting him at 225 so maybe I should have put 205 instead.

Ok, I knew he was small when he had the Patterson fight but I thinking the HW div was 205 back then and was putting him at 225 so maybe I should have put 205 instead.

You boys don't know what the fuck you're talkin' about...

You boys don't know what the fuck you're talkin' about...

Well, I just look at Boxrec and it has Ali at 218 for the Patterson fight and Floyd at 188. It look slike Ali avg. would have been around 215-220.

Well, I just look at Boxrec and it has Ali at 218 for the Patterson fight and Floyd at 188. It look slike Ali avg. would have been around 215-220.

Right sorry i got that one wrong but he did have a fight at 188 against Alex Miteff

Ali fought patterson at 210 and patterson was 196. In fact, he was at 190s only first two years because he was building his body up from his light heavyweight days in the olympics. He won Gold as a Light Heavy.

The Best Ali is 210-215. That weight range when he beat Frazier, Patterson, Liston, Chuvalo...
I don't put his weight with Foreman and Norton on there. While he did beat those guys at 220, he was past his peak.

Groan, give this TS time and he'll turn this into Mayweather beats them both. Seriously, Your threads seem like you spent a day on youtube after talking to a few mma fans about boxing. Ali is arguably the greatest or at least top 3 HW in history and you give a guy a chance that was rattled by john Ruiz, a guy that wouldn't face a way past it Holyfield? News flash, Ali hits harder than Johnson or Tarver and could box the fucking shit out of them.

In terms of style-wise, I think this fight will be very competitive. Despite how great he is, Ali is flawed and does a lot of things you shouldn't do... like pulling back with your hands down. He got away with it because he is very athletic. Roy Jones is even more athletic than Ali and Jones had a penchant for decking guys with his left hook that pull back. Speed against speed is a double edge sword though. When you are usually the fastest gun in the west, you have major problems with guys who are just as fast. With that said, stylistically... this fight is competitive, but the fight might end up being not too exciting.

But... Roy Jones fighting a John Ruiz really doesn't give enough info. as to how well he would deal with a great heavyweight and doesn't tell too much how RJJ can deal with a heavyweight punch... even at his peak with his great reflexes to react to the punches. In fact, Jones is not even that big for a light heavyweight. Comparatively today, Chad Dawson, Antonio Tarver... Both of those guys are 6'2-3. Hell, even flashback to the past, Michael Spinks, Michael Moorer are bigger than Roy... Even farther back... Archie Moore, Bob Foster... BIGGER than RJJ. IMO, his best weight, his peak... where he had his best wins was at 168. IF Roy stayed at 168, he would have been the greatest super middleweight of all time... But even with the facts now, RJJ at his peak at 168 would have beat the snot out of Joe Cal.

Groan, give this TS time and he'll turn this into Mayweather beats them both. Seriously, Your threads seem like you spent a day on youtube after talking to a few mma fans about boxing. Ali is arguably the greatest or at least top 3 HW in history and you give a guy a chance that was rattled by john Ruiz, a guy that wouldn't face a way past it Holyfield? News flash, Ali hits harder than Johnson or Tarver and could box the fucking shit out of them.

spoken like a true noob.

Back