Social Super Size Me scam

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This may have been shared already as it's old news but this is my first time hearing about it. The guy who made the documentary Super Size Me and blamed the chain for all his health problems was a scam artist. He was an alcoholic and the liver problems he associated with McDonalds were actually caused by his excessive drinking.

It's crazy this guy's fake documentary literally caused McDonald's to get rid of their super size. I'm kind of pissed about that, once in a while you just want to pig out on fries and a giant soda.

The documentary was dumb in the first place. Obviously if you pig out on burgers and fries every day you are not taking care of your body. Fathead is a much better documentary.

Documentaries are amazing at propaganda. Show only one side of a story, play some ominous music and play to every emotional response you can. If most people just spent that same time actually researching the topic they are watching on a documentary they would be much more informed.

Haven't seen it, but can't really blame the grog for the weight gain if it'd been consistent prior to the food.
Wasn't part of his documentary about accepting to super size everything whenever they upsold, which was mandatory for their employees?
The idea of Mcdonalds having a "fast-food shine" sounds alien to me, there was never any "gloss" to tarnish. I can't remember anyone ever thinking of McDonalds as quality food, and they never even used pink slime here.

All I needed to see was the actual documentary to know he was full of shit. Think it ended with him sympathizing with two 400lb sisters who were suing McDonalds for making them obese. Funny how him and Micheal Moore are now considered jokes. They were on top of the world for a minute or two, with their propaganda pieces.

Documentaries are amazing at propaganda. Show only one side of a story, play some ominous music and play to every emotional response you can. If most people just spent that same time actually researching the topic they are watching on a documentary they would be much more informed.

A lot of times. R Kelly and MJ were hella guilty though.

what i remember still is how he went to some "doctor" afterwards who was absolutely panicking about the guy's cholesterol and saying he'd be surprised if it ever went down.

like, what. do you know how cholesterol works? that was my only suspicion about the movie at the time.

I'm sure excessive fast food will make you fat. Evidence? Just look around

Not sure how it is in the US, where they seem to show adult employees, but here fast-food is basically the next step after doing a paper round in primary school. I got part time work at Maccas when I was 14/15 and haven't eaten it since.
Didn't take a documentary in the 2000s to make me think it's shit food.

Haven't seen it, but can't really blame the grog for the weight gain if it'd been consistent prior to the food.
Wasn't part of his documentary about accepting to super size everything whenever they upsold, which was mandatory for their employees?
The idea of Mcdonalds having a "fast-food shine" sounds alien to me, there was never any "gloss" to tarnish. I can't remember anyone ever thinking of McDonalds as quality food, and they never even used pink slime here.
Morgan cut weight before his initial weigh-in. Therefore, his weight wasn't his natural "Walk around " weight during his first medical check in.

Also, one of the doctors clearly didn't believe him when he discussed his liver enzyme levels. He straight up told Morgan that he had the liver of an alcoholic and he can't see how fast food would cause it

Project Veritas first please.

No one in the history of media has been as full of shit as them.

They may have been shady as hell in some instances, but they produced amazing material directly from the source. It would be a rare occasion where PV didn't share the truth.

I remember their baby parts video. They had nearly 4 hours of straight video, with only an edit for the bathroom break and the usual Leftists claimed it to be "highly edited" and dismissed it. They should have won a Pulitzer and perhaps a few others for their work. But, we know that award is now for Leftist propaganda only.

I highly recommend "My Kid Could Paint That" it dives into what you state here.

The documentary film maker has a decision to make: keep going with the fluff piece, or investigate until the story leads to a conclusion.

I did enjoy the sequel

As for the original, it should have stopped becoming a staple in health classes across the US after the many people tried to replicate Morgan's findings and just couldn't do it.

Yes, eating fast food is not healthy for you. But, if one person tries and experiment and the results are "x" and many other people conduct the same experiment and the results are "Y", then something is up.

As with most things, things turn bad when they are abused.

It's not the healthiest food in the world, but it's not "bad" until you make bad choices with it like have too big of a size, too often, and do not work out.

Some people tend to make bad choices when they have personal freedom. Whether it be food, booze, sex, etc.

It's not McDonald's fault that people abuse it.

58015e_6731694bf4bb40679a87205f90190806~mv2.jpg

- i still love Jacques Cousteau thought!

Back