Super Sage and Vanzant thrown to the lions again?

gogogoalex

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Watching this 2 (yes they are like models fighting and super young). I think the UFC thrown them to the lions, making matchfighting awful to both of them and exposing they're just hype. Sage obviously has an extraordinary physic, but he's very green in MMA skills. He's only 20, and he's been thrown to the lions too early, he should have been prepared better before enter the big stage. It's obvious he sells lot of tickets because he is a freak, young freak, karate freak, and he has extraordinary martial arts techniques, but he is very noob in MMA, Mikey Gall played with him like a toy, he tapped like a baby. Shame on UFC for exposing him, and trying just to use his image to sell more tickets, and exposing so early and may be breaking him mentally and in confidence.

I think Sage has a bright future, not sure if will be in MMA or doing some action movies career in Hollywood, with all this hype and fame and freak athleticism, he could be protagonist of action movies. I see him like and action movie protagonist of the 90's. That could be his real future. In MMA we'll see how he progresses, but he should learn lot of serious things at least to defend himself from takedowns and submissions. He lost 2 (in reality 3) of his last 3 fights. He should train real hard, and may be take sometime off the octagon trying to really improve seriously.

With Vanzant is something similar they try to use her young image, and beautiful face to sell tickets (yes is a serious success), but she's not ready for good fighters. Namajunas beat her face and was scary to see how much damage she took. And with Waters was like a kid playing with the toy. Vanzant surprised me with her durable, she's really durable, the beating Namajuna gave her and she survived (that fight should have been stop, for the healths sake of Vanzant and her future), and this submission from Water lot of time with a perfect neck choke, and she refused to give up (not smart, but really very big determination from Vanzant.

I think she can be a good fighter, she can improve, she has very strong desire and for me looks good her MMA future, she can be good fighter, but is too early to fight for serious things, she has to train and learn more.

So i think this 2 have been thrown to the lions by the UFC just to sell tickets, too early for serious opponents, UFC was stupid, throw them some cans, throw them some easy fights, let them learn properly. Boxers aren't exposed early in their career for a reason, they let them evolute and learn the game, and when they are ready, they make them step up the level. But with this 2, the UFC have been behaving like douchebags.

They'll return and progress, but UFC hasn't done a good favor for them, except from early big money to their pockets, but they put their future in some doubts.

I don't think putting Sage against a barely professional who fought a photographer and a pro-wrestler can be considered throwing him to "the lions". I mean, do you want to keep on matching up Sage with Pfisters and Trevinos for how long?

This is the UFC. There are supposed to only be lions. If you can't hang with the lions, then get the fuck out.

I remember a Dan Lauzon fighting in Affliction and the UFC when he was practically Sage's age, nobody was making excuses for him.

I think even for the UFC they are kinda in the freak show category.

Gall was 3-0 against opponents with no win. People were saying he is not even UFC caliber before Sage's fight. If that is a lion, then Sage should leave UFC.

I don't think putting Sage against a barely professional who fought a photographer and a pro-wrestler can be considered throwing him to "the lions". I mean, do you want to keep on matching up Sage with Pfisters and Trevinos for how long?
Exactly... Sage said he wants to be the youngest UFC champ. That gives him, what, 2 and a half years to win the belt? That won't happen fighting nobodies. Not that a victory over Gall would have moved him up the latter of a title shot, either.

ohhh no poor lil kids getting beat up wtf go back to dancing with the stars

Sage had what 3 times as much pro fight experience and he lost? That is completely fair game

Sage is the 3rd worst person to fight in the UFC after the zuffa purchase.1. CM Punk 2. James Toney 3. Sage Northcutt

This is the UFC. There are supposed to only be lions. If you can't hang with the lions, then get the fuck out.
I agree most make it to the ufc by being champions in smaller orgs it is the best of the best. also the guy who was actually thrown to the lions was daijiro matsui that was brutal.

I want Sage to do well because he has potential but if he can't beat Mickey Gall he doesn't belong in the UFC. Gall didn't even look great in that fight he looked slow as hell on the feet and completely defenceless when Sage started opening up Sage just can't stop takedowns at all. A couple years off just developing skills would really be beneficial for the kid. He has huge potential but got moved to the UFC way too soon because Dana wanted to make a TV show starring himself

As for PVZ. She's better than some women worse than some women. It's not like Michelle Waterson is some killer for fuck's sake...

Exactly... Sage said he wants to be the youngest UFC champ. That gives him, what, 2 and a half years to win the belt? That won't happen fighting nobodies. Not that a victory over Gall would have moved him up the latter of a title shot, either.

lol Sage wouldn't be champ in a regional org.

If Waterson (Well, she is a Lion in that division, Page is a zebra) and Gall are lions, Page and Sage would never be top fighters in their divisions and it makes 0 sense to make them Maina and Co-main event.

I blame the public for accepting UFC's hypejobs and making subpar fighters popular. PVZ and Sage would be sitting pretty well in the prelims of tha same card while they mature and acquire skills, but nooo, let's push them harder. People seem to love them.

I remember a Dan Lauzon fighting in Affliction and the UFC when he was practically Sage's age, nobody was making excuses for him.
bones jones had world titles at 23 and was fighting top ten guys earlier than that.

If they werent thrown to the lions we would have to listen to everyone bitch about how they are getting hand picked opponents.

I thought Van Zant was thrown to the wolves, I thought Gall was a good fight for Northcutt and while he lost that fight was competitive. I do not think Gall wins that fight more than 5-6 out of 10 times

Back