super low budget diet

ZoB

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I've got to be on a really tight budget with a diet, I'm looking to cut some body fat anyway and drop a few pounds of muscle mass so this will help
I need a list of cheap foods and a sample of a daily diet, I'm 5'6 and a lean 150, but looking to be a salad at 145 lol. :p
Any suggestions buddays?

There's a really cheap way of dropping that 5lb. Eat a bit less + up your cardio.

Why do you want to drop to 145 btw?

There's a really cheap way of dropping that 5lb. Eat a bit less + up your cardio.

Why do you want to drop to 145 btw?
If anything I just want to be leaner then I already am, and can prob drop a few pounds of fat to get there
And I just want to be a bit faster but I just need to stick to plyos and bodyweight exercises to get there and practice more and keep training
Was being stubborn for a bit when I wrote that :p

If anything I just want to be leaner then I already am, and can prob drop a few pounds of fat to get there
And I just want to be a bit faster but I just need to stick to plyos and bodyweight exercises to get there and practice more and keep training
Was being stubborn for a bit when I wrote that :p

What's your body fat % as of now?

I don't see why somebody would want to lose muscle mass. Just to try burn the fat off by keeping the cardio and taking more protein so the muscle will stay.

I don't know where you live and what food prices are where you live, but there are some things that are cheap everywhere.

RICE

I went to sam's club and picked up 25 pounds of rice for 16 bucks. If you are looking to eat cheap this has to be the most food for the least amount of money.

EGGS

I don't know how much eggs are where you live, but I can get 18 eggs for 1.30 at Sam's club. These are good sources of protein and fat. Mix a few eggs with some rice and you got yourself a meal that will probably cost you a little more than a quarter but will keep you full for quite some time.

Potatoes

Usually very cheap and are hefty.

Cheap meat

I really don't know what is cheapest in your area. Right now I am paying 1.78 a pound for boneless skinless chicken breast at walmart. It is pretty much the cheapest meat you can buy and it is super versatile. I moved from a place where chicken was more than twice that and pork was the cheapest. So find whatever meat is cheap and buy that. If you are buying cheap steak it would be good to make them in a crock pot...cheap meat from a crock pot melts in your mouth.

Vegetables

It really depends on what kind of deals you can get. Veggies go on special occasionally and can get pretty cheap. I like to pick up a 5 pound bag of the mixed veggies at sam's club for like 6 or 7 bucks and that lasts me a while.

You can craft a very healthy and inexpensive diet out of these ingredients. I like to make stews in my crock pot with veggies, meat, and spices (sometimes I will buy a vegetable or tomato soup to use as a base for it) and then I pour it over a bit of rice. Cheap, healthy, well balanced, and extremely easy to make.

I remember an article that was all about a lifting team eating on the cheap in Hawaii anyway

Canned Tuna/Salmon/Chicken

Eggs

Peanut butter and Honey sandwiches

Frozen chicken breasts

tuna mannnnnnn

Tuna, chicken thighs, eggs, ground beef, rice, potatoes, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back