Sunscreen that attracts stinging and biting insects

Andy Capp

2GM/c2 Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So yeah, fuck Sunthera sunscreen; it's a Shoppers Drug Mart in-house brand but it's made in the US by a company called Fruit of the Earth. Their website at the domain fote.com is "coming soon" but they have a Facebook page.

I don't know what it is in it that does this but it infallibly attracts black and horse flies, hornets and wasps, and other things I have failed to identify. Often, I can't even finish putting it on before they show up and then it's too late for bug spray. (Best practice says to apply sunscreen first before other topicals.)

There is one motherfucker that goes for the big veins on my ankles and leaves me bleeding FFS. Still no idea what.

Take my advice and get the fuck away from Sunthera. The only good news is, if anyone around you is using it, the bugs won't bother you any.

If anyone would like to suggest alternatives (it's cheap but fuck that now) that they can be certain doesn't have this problem, even better, people spending time in similar environments, rural Maritime Canada, where the critters would be similar, I would in turn appreciate your advice.

Last edited:
Back