Sugar

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does the below type of info matter to you? (within the same video I've time stamped key ~30 second - 2minute segments for those that don't want to watch the whole show)

Based on the types of foods, including sugar loaded cereals so many of you here seem to eat, here is your weeks worth of sugar in your diet if you are in the same ballpark as this dude

...245 teaspoons of sugar/wk.

upload_2020-2-3_14-11-13.png

Charts overlaying various associated diseased with Sugar consumption

Link between sugar and various brain dementia's? This crazy rat suggests so. Diabetes of the brain??

Eat what you want and as much as you crave and yet still lose weight. Yup, it happened.

Is sugar leading to us changing our evolutionary shape over time?

So my question is WHY and do you or would you accept more gov't intervention in this area such as what they did with tobacco? And if not, why not?

51C3muo.png

Just one soda a day equals 50lbs of sugar a year.

(looking at you @Clippy )
<puh-lease75>

Last edited:
I generally oppose government intrusion into peoples lives, but take a look around you. America, and much of the rest of the world, is becoming a heaving mass of fat sweating diabetic hippos. It's disgusting and dangerous. Time to treat sugar like the addictive poison that it is.

Pot edibles have fucked me over that way. I was doing awesome on the minimal sugar wagon. Now Im a gummy head. Fucking ridiculous. Sugar free edible options please, just wanna chill, not satiate a sweet toof.

I generally oppose government intrusion into peoples lives, but take a look around you. America, and much of the rest of the world, is becoming a heaving mass of fat sweating diabetic hippos. It's disgusting and dangerous. Time to treat sugar like the addictive poison that it is.

Add to that, the costs of dealing with the increasing health problems is being socialized and being forced to be paid, in part, by all.

I eat a ton of sugar but I work out a ton too, I bet if I cut the carbs I'd be shredded instead of yoked

I fully admit that I have a sugar addiction, I try to control it, but I don't do nearly enough.

Sugar and alcohol are the only things I actively limit in my life. Both lead to very bad things... :p

I fully admit that I have a sugar addiction, I try to control it, but I don't do nearly enough.
I keep it out of the house. If I only eat it outside the home, it keeps it in check pretty effectively. The truly destructive sugar eating is always at home for me. Usually while watching TV or late at night. Often both, simultaneously. :p

Sugar shockers are fun facts and all, but I think sugar is way over demonized by some people and groups

My sugar intake is extremely minimal. My fat intake is another story.

I never thought about how much sugar there is in soda until I saw what was left in a can of Mountain Dew one of my co-workers opened, took a sip and left it on a shelf. When I was throwing it away a couple of weeks later, it was almost half full of sugary syrup that was too thick to pour out.

Sugar and non complex carbs are poison.

I remember being pretty addicted to sodas. Had to rewire my brain pretty bad.

Does the below type of info matter to you? (within the same video I've time stamped key ~30 second - 2minute segments for those that don't want to watch the whole show)

Based on the types of foods, including sugar loaded cereals so many of you here seem to eat, here is your weeks worth of sugar in your diet if you are in the same ballpark as this dude

...245 teaspoons of sugar/wk.

View attachment 721791

Charts overlaying various associated diseased with Sugar consumption

Link between sugar and various brain dementia's? This crazy rat suggests so. Diabetes of the brain??

Eat what you want and as much as you crave and yet still lose weight. Yup, it happened.

Is sugar leading to us changing our evolutionary shape over time?

So my question is WHY and do you or would you accept more gov't intervention in this area such as what they did with tobacco? And if not, why not?

51C3muo.png

Just one soda a day equals 50lbs of sugar a year.

(looking at you @Clippy )
<puh-lease75>

Your body converts everything you eat into sugar anyways so what difference does it make?

I'm planning to make some cookies and use like half the recipe's sugar.

Back