Sugar Free Energy Drinks

carlsonbjj

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have recently come to love Monster Absolutely Zero. I have begun to drink 1 a day. How healthy is this drink? Would it be comparable to a cup or 2 of coffee? I dont use them in conjunction with my training but I get a really good flow of energy from these sugar free energy drinks.

Same thing, caffeine is caffeine. I think one 16oz can is about 1.5-2 cups of coffee. No big deal.

I love energy drinks. I try not to have them too often, but I do drink a cup of coffee almost every day. I've never had a sugar free energy drink. How do they taste in compare to the ones with sugar? Almost like a diet soda compared to a regular?

I love energy drinks. I try not to have them too often, but I do drink a cup of coffee almost every day. I've never had a sugar free energy drink. How do they taste in compare to the ones with sugar? Almost like a diet soda compared to a regular?

I think they are pretty comparable. Sugar free monster and reg monster are basically the same

I think they are pretty comparable. Sugar free monster and reg monster are basically the same

Both taste like the feces of someone living on a diet exclusively of smarties and sweet-tarts.

Rockstar Blue Can
No Fear Blue Label
Crunk White Can
Sugar Free Red Bull
Celsius any version
Full Throttle silver can
Nos silver can

All taste substantially better.
For taste I'd rank them as:
Rockstar = Celcius > Redbull > Full Throttle = Nos > Crunk = No Fear

For effectiveness (all inclusive, not just caffeine/serving):
Redbull > Celcius > Crunk = Rockstar = Nos = Full Throttle > No Fear

Redbull is the MOST widely available, followed by Rockstar and Celcius, Nos, Crunk and No Fear vary.

Rockstar and Amp both make a low-carb (3g sugar/serving IIRC) lemonade that isn't terrible but also isn't sugar free.

Also Monster contains glucose as an ingredient, which is what sugar digests into, no? So how is it technically sugar free?

I love Monsters for the taste. But I am not going to full myself, sugar or sugar free, energy drinks are garbage. The only energy drink I have had that actually works really good with not crash is Endorush.

how healthy is it? is it ok to have 1 a day?

They're not health food, they are liquid caffeine with carbonation and artifical sweeteners. If you think diet soda is bad for you, then these would be the same, except loaded with caffeine.

Will you die if you drink one? No.
Can they mess you up in excess? Yes.

Moderation is key.

Back