Sub of the year

I really liked Oliveras win over Hioki

I know its not the best but I loved the bulldog choke rocky got not to long ago at 181.

Not the best but worth mentioning

DeadJointBlowfish.gif

i don't like the peruvian necktie portion of the description. it was a guillotine with an anaconda grip.

Not saying I agree with the naming sequence, but I think they included the necktie portion since he he used his left leg to pass over and trap Hioki's right arm over the shoulder and they just saw too much submission happening and got carried away.

To see Rockhold's and Pettis' guillotine subs, over ROCKED opponents, ranked #2 & #3 by Sherdog for Submission of the Year, had me wondering if maybe only 3 people were submitted this year.

Not saying I agree with the naming sequence, but I think they included the necktie portion since he he used his left leg to pass over and trap Hioki's right arm over the shoulder and they just saw too much submission happening and got carried away.
yup ... That's the only way I associated it with the peruvian necktie ... If you watch that breakdown video in the article it looks more like you described a guillotine with an anaconda grip . didn't throw the leg over .

Rockhold without the kimura more less

Except he initiated it from on his back in side control and the dude tapped within seconds. Thought that was pretty cool. Rockhold's was great as well though, including the beautiful sequence after Boetsch's TD attempt.

luke-rockhold-vs-tim-boetsch-610x400.jpg

PitifulHandyGallinule.gif

Loved that sub. Hoping McGeary KO's Newton.

Liam McGeary is a beast. I believe he will beat Newton. Surprised Coker isn't pushing that fight harder it's hidden as like the 3rd fight and it's for a world title at LHW! Don't get it cuz McGeary is a future star imo. Hell I thought it was nuts they didn't pump up Vassell more cuz that dude is good too.

Who was it again, that hit the darce(iirc) from the bottom in transition against a BB?

On a prelim.

Liam McGeary is a beast. I believe he will beat Newton. Surprised Coker isn't pushing that fight harder it's hidden as like the 3rd fight and it's for a world title at LHW! Don't get it cuz McGeary is a future star imo. Hell I thought it was nuts they didn't pump up Vassell more cuz that dude is good too.

There are a lot of great fighters in Bellator and KSW that I wish the UFC would sign. Patricio Pitbull vs any top 5 UFC FW would be a barnburner.

Back