Style bender appreciation thread

Is there 4 people in here talking to herself?

giphy.gif

I like how cool he is always trying to be. You gotta give him an A for effort...

I also like the way he came out the closet.

Win win here

He had a pretty great run for sure.

I appreciate how active he is as a fighter and champion.

A guy like Poatan would never have gotten a titleshot normally.

Yeah and he could have potentially avoided Pereira because he hadn't earnt it, but he was happy to step up and take him on again seemingly.

He's done a few things like fighting Romero and Jan, didn't have to fight either really but he took them on, he's got balls that's for sure.

Also fuck him for beating Whittaker twice ha ha

I enjoyed watching izzy rise to fame, but his last 3 fights prior to Alex, were trash.

I do admire his attitude to take on challenging opponents.

I enjoyed watching izzy rise to fame, but his last 3 fights prior to Alex, were trash.

I do admire his attitude to take on challenging opponents.
I really thought he was gonna be the next Silva. Had the reflexes and creativity to do so. But the safe style just puts me off so much. The Marathon against Romero was the nail for me.

I appreciate the guy's skills. His too safety first oriented approach in his last several fights was a bummer,but when he is challenged he looks great. Even when he lost,we at least got to see what he's made of.

This is exactly how I feel about him as a fighter.

The toughest bender I've ever seen for sure

5 title defenses

Yoel
Costa
Marvin
Whit
Cannonier

The Romero fight should have been a DQ for both of them, for lack of inactivity.
Second Whittaker fight could have been a draw.

Back