Stupid question, what do you call non-computerized music?

Physical acoustical instruments by bio-mechanical kinesis

It's called real music. It's a lost art seeing that people actually pay to see a dj play pre recorded music while once in a while raise his hands and pump his fists.
It all depends who you see live. DJ's like Carl Cox, Sasha, John Digweed and the likes are as legitimate as they come when it comes to producing and also performing live music. The same cannot be said for folks like DJ Tiesto, Paris Hilton (Yes she calls herself a DJ), and David Guetta who all have been known to just play prerecorded tracks live and hardly do any actual live DJing.

Also anyone who bad mouths electronic music needs to open their mind and their ears. The genre has some of the best music on the planet. Artists like Aphex Twin, The Prodigy, Brian Eno, Global Communication, Biosphere, Kraftwerk, Skinny Puppy, Front 242 and Front Line Assembly all are fantastic groups and or musicians who produce some of the best music I've heard and I'd put them in the same category as those who play rock and its sub genres. Don't slag an entire sub genre of music until you give it a listen.

You cannot tell me this isn't good.

holy fuck -- it's actually gotten to a point where that question actually had to be asked.

Apparently it's been a long time since the OP rock n rolled. Been a long time been a long time been a long time.

It all depends who you see live. DJ's like Carl Cox, Sasha, John Digweed and the likes are as legitimate as they come when it comes to producing and also performing live music. The same cannot be said for folks like DJ Tiesto, Paris Hilton (Yes she calls herself a DJ), and David Guetta who all have been known to just play prerecorded tracks live and hardly do any actual live DJing.

Also anyone who bad mouths electronic music needs to open their mind and their ears. The genre has some of the best music on the planet. Artists like Aphex Twin, The Prodigy, Brian Eno, Global Communication, Biosphere, Kraftwerk, Skinny Puppy, Front 242 and Front Line Assembly all are fantastic groups and or musicians who produce some of the best music I've heard and I'd put them in the same category as those who play rock and its sub genres. Don't slag an entire sub genre of music until you give it a listen.

You cannot tell me this isn't good.

Yes, I can tell you that.

Now, compare that use of electronics, with this use of electronics, all live.

Back