Study on Rousey's Clinch & Strike Integration (BJJ Scout)

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
BJJ Scout: Ronda Rousey UFC 190 mini-Preview: Study on Rousey's Clinch & Strike Integration

[YT]N9CoR4HYmZg[/YT]

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-Rd1f-400-sg.gif

this guy needs to give it up. He has done too many break downs of Rhonda smashing cans for less than 15 seconds.

We get it.

Bjj/combat scout is the shit. Jack Slack isn't fit to hold that guy's jockstrap.

this guy needs to give it up. He has done too many break downs of Rhonda smashing cans for less than 15 seconds.

We get it.

He's done 2. He's done more videos about Leandro's De La Riva guard defenses, hater.

Ronda is under your skin, kid. How weak.

Bjj/combat scout is the shit. Jack Slack isn't fit to hold that guy's jockstrap.

This guy is obessed with Rhonda for youtube views.

Jack Slack spits truths about the the state of the 135 division. Every Rhonda opponent makes basic mistakes and has a shit game plan.

Jack Slack > BJJnerd
icon11.gif

Thanks for proving my point, cybercanetics.

lol we all know ronda looks good at hitting pads, all of this technique breakdown is during padwork, which doesnt always translate to the actual fight (well because your padholder isnt trying to knock your head off)

If anyone actually compared Jack Slack's analysis, and BJJ Scout's analysis, side-by-side, they'd find that they fit together in a very interesting way.

Here's what Slack sees as a weakness of Rousey, based on her past fights:

Now here's the thing. Rousey doesn't cut the ring well... There was nothing to stop any of Rousey's opponents from circling away from her. Rousey didn't methodically work them towards the fence, cutting off the cage and taking away space each time, all while staying down behind her guard. No, Rousey rushed them on a straight line. Boxing 101: step off line and circle away from the edge of the ring.

Now. What does BJJ Scout say that he sees Ronda has added to her game recently? That her stand-up practices show that she is heavily concentrating on creating angles and cutting off the cage! In other words, she hasn't been oblivious to the weaknesses in her game that Jack Slack has described. She's been working on fixing them. Even though her opponents haven't been exploiting those weaknesses yet, she has been preemptively eliminating those weaknesses anyway. Jack Slack's analysis isn't wrong, but Rousey seems to have gotten ahead of the criticism already, judging by her workouts.

If anyone actually compared Jack Slack's analysis, and BJJ Scout's analysis, side-by-side, they'd find that they fit together in a very interesting way.

Here's what Slack sees as a weakness of Rousey, based on her past fights:

Now. What does BJJ Scout say that he sees Ronda has added to her game recently? That her stand-up practices show that she is heavily concentrating on creating angles and cutting off the cage! In other words, she hasn't been oblivious to the weaknesses in her game that Jack Slack has described. She's been working on fixing them. Even though her opponents haven't been exploiting those weaknesses yet, she has been preemptively eliminating those weaknesses anyway. Jack Slack's analysis isn't wrong, but Rousey seems to have gotten ahead of the criticism already, judging by her workouts.

Well, we ARE good friends :p

Loved this. Love everything Scout does. He's the man and an absolute gent.

Well, we ARE good friends :p

Loved this. Love everything Scout does. He's the man and an absolute gent.

Thanks Jack, I do love your breakdowns. I'm a level 1 (entry level) ABA boxing coach, and your analysis (even if in slightly different sports) has helped me to understand the fundamental movements more, things that I would have missed.

Not sure why people feel the need to be finding a 'winner' between yours and BJJSCOUT's work, they're clearly focussed on different areas of the fight, but I think between you, you provide the best analysis I've seen. You guys should team up and do collaberations.

Peace dude.

This guy is obessed with Rhonda for youtube views.

Jack Slack spits truths about the the state of the 135 division. Every Rhonda opponent makes basic mistakes and has a shit game plan.

Jack Slack > BJJnerd
icon11.gif

Perhaps you'd be interested to know that Jack literally just praised Bjjscout for his video?

Back