• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Students banned from wearing cowboy costumes on nights out... in case they are "offensive"

Do American cowboys and Mexican cowboys have the same style?
3298911903_b0bcb85653_b.jpg

Not sure if they all dress like that but these vaqueros look very American.

do they realize that the cowboy is a product of hollywood more than anything else?
The wild west wasn't that wild.

do they realize that the cowboy is a product of hollywood more than anything else?
The wild west wasn't that wild.
Sure the west had conflicts between the natives and the settlers encroaching on their territory, but they weren't the only ones. Lincoln had 300 Sioux men hung in a day, yet we're not talking about banning top hats. Those conflicts were a sign of the times, not of the region.

Its ok to still dress up as a pirate, right?

Historically, all pirates were rapists.

I'm good with cowboy costumes being banned as long as I can still dress as a pirate,.

white identity. Lol. white identity in that you co-opted the dress and style of Mexican Vaqueros?

Plenty of Mexicans are still white and the cowboy/vaquero thing started with the spanish so...

Because you lack culture?
That comment doesn't match the post.

I was raised by a lawyer, who has degrees in physics and chemistry. I'm cultured enough to know how little faking it on an internet forum actually means.

I've been hearing the "well the first cowboys were Mexican" for a decade. I get it. That's nice.

Thank god they are leaving slutty school girl alone!

One time I dressed as a Jewish aunt on Halloween. I’d prob get in trouble for that now

Kent University is where?
The UK?

Yeah don't wear Cowboy hats so you don't offend Americans, and we promise not to wear Red coats to offend the British.

<YeahOKJen>

The "cowboy" was stolen from Mexican culture. Cultural appropriation confirmed.

<Moves><Moves><Moves>

Back