Stuck

standupfighter

White Belt
Reaction score
Well ill start out and say that Throughout middle school and high school I have always been in sports. I wrestled 7th and 8th grade and ran track in 9th grade. I am in 12th grade now and one of my friends got me into a mma gym about a year ago. When I first started I weighed 190 and got all the way down to 158. I got a job at burger king the begining of this school year and quit this past december. I left burger king weighing 178. Ever since then I have been in over drive trying to get this weight off and ITS NOT COMING OFF AND I TRIED EVERYTHING. Not to mention im only 5"8 and im 17 years old.
Ever since december My schedule is this
monday:Wake up 5:00 in the morning and run 3-4 miles followed by working out my midsection and body weight exercises.
Tues:Boxing/mma gym 3-4 hours(basically sparring,hitting the bags,mitt work, and everything in the gym.)
Wed:same as monday but 2 miles and 20 minutes on the stair stepper
Thurs:same as tues
Friday:4miles in the evening
Sat:same as tues but after the gym I go for a long run usually 4-5 miles
Sunday:eek:ff day.

My eating is very clean and I get One cheat day of food once a week
I dont eat any bad foods at all unless it is my cheat day.

I already tried using a sauna and a sauna suit and it barly took off any weight after using them.

Well I'll try and give you some answers, though I guarantee everyone else here will just tell you to read the FAQ's (which you should).

Looks to me like you just need to change up your exercise. 4-5 miles is NOT a long run, try twice that. I'm not saying you need to work out 4 hours a day, in fact that would be overtraining, but make sure your exercise is intense enough.

As for diet, which I assume is why you're here, you can always just eat less. Eating clean is a good start, though you might want to specify what it is you think "clean" is, because I'm sure it's not as stringent as what most people on here stick to. If you're going to eat lots of carbs, do it right before and after your workouts, and stick to more protein during other meals. Don't eat within 2 hours of going to sleep. Don't nap during the day, if possible. And why would you use a sauna if you're trying to lose fat? Saunas only make you lose water weight, temporarily...

Basically, if you're doing all this right, you WILL lose weight. Don't mope about like it's not your fault, you're the one who decided to eat at burger king while you worked there :) Just be patient and focus on getting FITTER, and you will almost certainly get thinner as well.

As for diet, which I assume is why you're here, you can always just eat less. Eating clean is a good start, though you might want to specify what it is you think "clean" is, because I'm sure it's not as stringent as what most people on here stick to. If you're going to eat lots of carbs, do it right before and after your workouts, and stick to more protein during other meals. Don't eat within 2 hours of going to sleep. Don't nap during the day, if possible. And why would you use a sauna if you're trying to lose fat? Saunas only make you lose water weight, temporarily...

I disagree with "eating less" being an option. If you're working out as much as you say you are you're going to want to eat more if anything.

Since you didn't state it in the OP, what is you current diet like? We can't really give you any advice until we know what we're working with.

I do nap for 1-2 hours after getting home from school at 3:00. My diet is this
Breakfast:2 of them harvest grain bars
yogurt
apple
orange juice

Between breakfast and lunch:
oatmeal bar

Lunch:
chicken wrap with just chicken and veggies inside
small bag of animal crackers(and no way these things could be bad as they are like 120 calories and have no taste in them)
vitamin water

between lunch and dinner:
another harvest grain bar
water

Dinner:
either
chicken breast
or
Shrimp(no skin)
both with veggies
on some days i have some mac n cheese but rarly

I'm thinking you're not eating enough and you're body is storing fat due to you not getting enough food. I could be wrong since I'm a novice at this. I just have a hard time thinking that you're eating enough given how active you are.

You're also eating some shitty carbs in those bars and the "wrap". Check out the Seven Habits by John Berardi. There's a link in the FAQ. It's helped me lost a lot of weight. In fact, now I'm trying to gain and it's tougher than I thought because I'm trying to eat according to the Habits.

well guys i got some disapointing news
few weeks ago i got in the sauna and got down to 165 and I have a fight this weekend(amateur boxing tournament). I know I know i sound like a little girl the way im complaining. I tried all this weekend to cut that water weight and only managed to get down to 169. I didnt even drink anything today and only had a little cereal bar and a side salad with no dressing and I weigh 174! The weigh in is still open till 10 tonight. I just ran for 4 miles with a sauna suit on and almost died and once again only got down to 169. It sounds like just some guy complaining but to me I felt disapointed and really bad. But anyway theres no way in hell i could enter a huge tournament at this weight so i decided to just pull out and wait till next year. Once again guys im not trying to sound like a little girl.

Back