Struve's win over Minotauro or Fedor's win over Rizzo? Which is better?

Both are done and in the twilight of their careers.

Lmao REKT.

The fact ts somehow brings fedor into anything to do with this fights show his obsession is beyond normal and he should maybe see help.

The Rizzo fight was an embarrassment for one of the greatest heavyweights that far into his career, that fight was set to be a slaughter.

Rizzo was a ridiculous outsider like +700 or something while nog was only +150, add in this was in nogs backyard makes beating this not better than beating that Rizzo.

Dude, I let myself go there. Was a bit pissed. Tried to be nice and changed it. Now you reply to it. HAHA. Aaah well. I was pissed but I still made a point. :p

No need to compare the GOAT with Stefan Struve. Struve is a f-ing nice guy and he was sick before the fight also.

Oh boy. What are you. 12?

Monson beat Fujita in 2007 before losing to Rizzo, Ricco in 2008 and Nelson and Kharitonov in 2009 before losing to Rizzo.

Monson is a stud.

Good fighter, yes. But not a top guy and not even better than Zombie Nog.

Lmao REKT.

The fact ts somehow brings fedor into anything to do with this fights show his obsession is beyond normal and he should maybe see help.

The Rizzo fight was an embarrassment for one of the greatest heavyweights that far into his career, that fight was set to be a slaughter.

Rizzo was a ridiculous outsider like +700 or something while nog was only +150, add in this was in nogs backyard makes beating this not better than beating that Rizzo.

Now that you threw a teenager fit.

Actually think about what you are saying here:)

You are saying that a win over a Zombie Nog, who hasn't won in the last 3 years and has been fighting on brain diet for the last 5 years....

Is better than Fedor's win over Rizzo, who was coming of 3 wins (one of them being over 2009 Monson who was a stud) which was also 3 years removed from the time Fedor beat him.

Well hell, since you think like that, then Rizzo's win over Ken Shamrock is also big, making Fedor's win even better. You know since only names matter...

Jeff Monson is shite. And Pedro hasn't beaten anyone of high calibre since 2002. Unless you think Gary Goodridge is a good fight? She he lost to Gilbert Yvel, lol.

The same Monson that has wins over Kharitonov and Roy Nelson, ADCC champ and former UFC HW title contender is shit? Fuck off, at that time he wasn't bad at all

You do a weird Al Bundy thing just because I don't agree with you. Makes no sense. If you're asking something you must allow people to answer? Or do you just want people to agree with you?

Fedor is a legend but no need to diss Struve. In their primes they are both in a different league, not fair to Struve.

Not that you don't agree.

It was basically a rethorical question.

Now that you threw a teenager fit.

Actually think about what you are saying here:)

You are saying that a win over a Zombie Nog, who hasn't won in the last 3 years and has been fighting on brain diet for the last 5 years....

Is better than Fedor's win over Rizzo, who was coming of 3 wins (one of them being over 2009 Monson who was a stud) which was also 3 years removed from the time Fedor beat him.

Well hell, since you think like that, then Rizzo's win over Ken Shamrock is also big, making Fedor's win even better. You know since only names matter...

are you telling me you wouldn't rather have zombie nog on your record over 2012 Rizzo?

In the sense of the way the fight went fedor did what everyone predicted he would do and Ko Rizzo within a round, you can not seriously say that Rizzo in 2012 deserved to step in the ring with fedor it was a fight to let him go out on a win and retire.

Rizzo was sent in to get KTFO by fedor
Nog was sent in with an actual chance against struve

Someone the calibre of Struve beating zombie nog in Brazil > greatest hw beating 2012 Rizzo in Russia.

Dude, I let myself go there. Was a bit pissed. Tried to be nice and changed it. Now you reply to it. HAHA. Aaah well. I was pissed but I still made a point. :p

No need to compare the GOAT with Stefan Struve. Struve is a f-ing nice guy and he was sick before the fight also.

This is about more than just Fedor.

It's about you people counting wins over big name fighters as big just because they happened in the UFC.

If Kongo beat this Minotauro in Bellator, you would all say that Minotauro is done and it doesn't count.

Last edited:
Not that you don't agree.

It was basically a rethorical question.

My view. Fedor is a legend (HW goat and MMA goat). Struve is a nice guy and a Dutchie but doesn't use his toolset well enough (expected more from him in this fight, sickness could explain a little why he performed so poorly, but that's also an excuse). I rate current Big Nog highter than the Pedro Rizzo Fedor fought. Just an irrelevant comparison in my eyes.

Don't know what will happen if and when Fedor returns. Hope he gets the KO Bigfoot or shut Werdum up. :)

Who the hell is making out like this is a massive win for Struve? the first thread made was should big nog retire.

I didn't watch the Nog / Struve fight, so I can't speak intelligently as to exactly how zombie-like and underwater last night's version of Nog was.

But without seeing it, I would say that the Nog victory counts for a little bit more.

The Rizzo that Fedor beat had already been losing to guys like Yvel. I can't say for sure that today's Nog would beat Yvel of 2009, but there's a good chance, whereas Rizzo got KO'd in the first round.

Rizzo then went on to lose to Ishii. Granted, Fedor looked good against Rizzo, even with his kicks. But the Rizzo that beat Arlovski and Barnett seemed like more of a distant memory than the Nog that beat Sylvia...

It's pretty close. Both Rizzo and Nog are shells of what they were. I kind of feel like today's Nog is a little more relevant than the Rizzo of three years ago, though. Maybe just because he's in the UFC, maybe not.

Strange comparison. Struve's win was much closer and Nog had some success with punches, takedown and a sub attempt. It wasn't total domination. Fedor's on the other hand was a beauty of a KO and just showed that he was still MILES ahead of Rizzo. Same goes for Ishii and Monson, non of these fights were competitive and the only thing we learned about Fedor was that he still was far far better than his late competition.

I truely think the BigNog of yesterday might have ended the way Rizzo did if he had fought the Fedor of the Rizzo fight.

are you telling me you wouldn't rather have zombie nog on your record over 2012 Rizzo?

In the sense of the way the fight went fedor did what everyone predicted he would do and Ko Rizzo within a round, you can not seriously say that Rizzo in 2012 deserved to step in the ring with fedor it was a fight to let him go out on a win and retire.

Rizzo was sent in to get KTFO by fedor
Nog was sent in with an actual chance against struve

Someone the calibre of Struve beating zombie nog in Brazil > greatest hw beating 2012 Rizzo in Russia.

NO.

I don't care who a fighter is. I'm talking about the quality of a win.

Fedor was coming of 3 losses and 2 good wins when he faced Rizzo.

Rizzo was coming of 3 wins (one very good win) and a 2 year retirement.

Fair game if you ask me.

Plus Fedor and Rizzo were from the same era and Rizzo always wanted this fight. As did I.

Better late then never.

Struve is 27 and huge and should have killed Zombie Nog, who has 3 losses and 0 wins in the last 3 years and hasn't been the same since 2007.

Let me translate it to you.

I think that Fedor's win over Rizzo is better than Fedor's win over today's Minotauro would have been.

Rizzo hasn't regressed as much as Minotauro has.

You are just saying a bunch of cr*p to discredit Fedor's win over Rizzo, while I'm telling you what actually happened.

My view. Fedor is a legend (HW goat and MMA goat). Struve is a nice guy and a Dutchie but doesn't use his toolset well enough (expected more from him in this fight, sickness could explain a little why he performed so poorly, but that's also an excuse). I rate current Big Nog highter than the Pedro Rizzo Fedor fought. Just an irrelevant comparison in my eyes.

Don't know what will happen if and when Fedor returns. Hope he gets the KO Bigfoot or shut Werdum up. :)

Well, fine, but how much higher?

I can't. I rate Rizzo higher.

In the last 3 years Minotauro has only 3 losses.

At the time Rizzo fought Fedor he had 3 wins, and a 2 year retirement
(even though he only didn't fight in 2011) in the last 3 years at the time.

Hell, I take this over 0-3 in 3 years.

Let's look at the last 5 years at the time of fights:

Minotauro: 2-4 (1 top 10 win)

Rizzo: 5-2 (2 wins over Monson-who was close to top 10)

So even in the last 5 years at the time of the fights, Minotauro was no way better IMO.

Who the hell is making out like this is a massive win for Struve? the first thread made was should big nog retire.

I'm talking about future sherdoggers saying that struve beat Minotauro (without adding the ZOMBIE part) when talking about his record. Like they are addind Zombie CC and Zombie Minotauro to Mir's record without adding the ZOMBIE part.

Strange comparison. Struve's win was much closer and Nog had some success with punches, takedown and a sub attempt. It wasn't total domination. Fedor's on the other hand was a beauty of a KO and just showed that he was still MILES ahead of Rizzo. Same goes for Ishii and Monson, non of these fights were competitive and the only thing we learned about Fedor was that he still was far far better than his late competition.

I truely think the BigNog of yesterday might have ended the way Rizzo did if he had fought the Fedor of the Rizzo fight.

And I agree.

Minotauro is a way worse Minotauro now, than Rizzo was Rizzo back when he fought Fedor.

So when you say that Fedor has a win over Rizzo it's more accurate then when you say that Struve has a win over Minotauro.

Nog is a legend but at this point I'm not even sure he beats Rizzo to be honest...

Nog is more of a marquee win but Struve decisionned him
Fedor smashed Rizzo almost as fast as vintage Fedor would have done that was impressive and violent ( he looked better than he did for a long time , faster and more powerful and his GnP was vicious, Pride style )

Nog is a great fighter but at this point beating him doesn't mean much, please stop acting like it's the same as beating the guy who had all the top wins and was the clear #2 HW OAT...

Nog still has a chin even if it has deteriorated a lot, he took some righthands without even blinking that would have severely rocked most HW

What a silly thread. Sherdog, you never cease to amaze me.

Nog is a legend but at this point I'm not even sure he beats Rizzo to be honest...

Nog is more of a marquee win but Struve decisionned him
Fedor smashed Rizzo almost as fast as vintage Fedor would have done that was impressive and violent ( he looked better than he did for a long time , faster and more powerful and his GnP was vicious, Pride style )

Nog is a great fighter but at this point beating him doesn't mean much, please stop acting like it's the same as beating the guy who had all the top wins and was the clear #2 HW OAT...

Nog still has a chin even if it has deteriorated a lot, he took some righthands without even blinking that would have severely rocked most HW

Another smart poster. I'm very happy to see you here, telling it like it is.

Back