Struve would make a better opponent for Cormier

warriorfan808

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has brought this up. I know he doesn't have the resume of Frank Mir, but it would be interesting to see how Cormier does against that kind of reach. If his next goal is to fight Jon Jones, I'd much rather see him fight some of the taller heavyweights.

Assuming Struve gets past Hunt, which is far from a sure thing.

I agree, but... a better fight for the fans does not translate to a better business decision for the UFC. I mean they can hype two HW contenders coming out of these two fights than just one, assuming that Mir gets beaten soundly.

I agree it could go a long way towards selling a Jones-Struve fight

Mir makes more sense right now. Also Struve needs to beat hunt first and then move on to higher ranked fighters.

I agree it could go a long way towards selling a Jones-Struve fight

why would Struve ever fight Jones? Also Cormier would smash Struve. Mir doesn't even have a great shot at winning but his chances are certainly better than Struve's.

Yes, but the UFC is investing in Struve and Cormier as title contenders. They don't want to eliminate one. Mir is long gone from contender status and safe money is on Cormier for that fight.

Mir is a bigger name than struve i figure cormier wants to increase his exposure.

Devin Cole, Josh Barnett and Bigfoot aren't particularly short HWs. Neither is Mir. Struve doesn't do anything for Cormier, right now. Struve would likely get annihilated, though, which is always a spectacle

I agree.

Also struve should cut both height and weight and drop down so they can have the fight at lhw. As a title eliminator for a shot at JBJ that is....

Just wondering if anyone has brought this up. I know he doesn't have the resume of Frank Mir, but it would be interesting to see how Cormier does against that kind of reach. If his next goal is to fight Jon Jones, I'd much rather see him fight some of the taller heavyweights.

That would be a good litmus test indeed.

Back