Strikes matter

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
We have seen many top level wrestlers and sport BJJ guys come over and get beat up when they get punched. The sport of wrestling and the sport of BJJ are totally different than MMA.

Many skills can be transferred or adapted but if you are going into MMA (or for real fighting) people need to remember to use punches to go into a takedown and when on the ground you can't get too fancy with the BJJ because people will punch you in the face instead of rolling into inverted guards and all of that nonsense.

Nothing wrong with wrestling or BJJ, but MMA wrestling and BJJ with strikes are different animals.

i heard that according to sherdog, cormier can't wrestle and has bad cardio, nothing to do with the repeated body shots jones landed. i thought jones would break down cormier's wrestling game with his strong clinch striking, thats why i had money on jones. lost a couple of dollars on myles jury, should have know better than to bet against cerrone, one of the few true fighters in the sport today.

I think everyone knew this already

Not at all, go to the grappling forum and they will tell you you don't even need to train strikes. You can just walk into a fight from sport BJJ no problem.

i heard that according to sherdog, cormier can't wrestle and has bad cardio, nothing to do with the repeated body shots jones landed. i thought jones would break down cormier's wrestling game with his strong clinch striking, thats why i had money on jones. lost a couple of dollars on myles jury, should have know better than to bet against cerrone, one of the few true fighters in the sport today.

Yup, there is no doubt eating those body shots and kicks coming in hurt Cormier and wore him down. Thats why he was so gassed in the 4th round.

Not at all, go to the grappling forum and they will tell you you don't even need to train strikes. You can just walk into a fight from sport BJJ no problem.

bjj fans have always had some outlandish ideas, the dumbest shit is always said by some fool that has done a few jiu jitsu classes or even worse someone that has never done fight training at all, and thinks they are hard because they lift some weights, i encountered one such cretin yesterday.

bjj fans have always had some outlandish ideas, the dumbest shit is always said by some fool that has done a few jiu jitsu classes or even worse someone that has never done fight training at all, and thinks they are hard because they lift some weights, i encountered one such cretin yesterday.

lol, how did that go?

lol, how did that go?

his only response was to keep falling back on that stupid old line, do you even lift bro, while i roasted the life out of him, i told him to come back when he's had a bit more practice trolling and swapping insults, because it was just a little sad and rather boring, i wouldn't be surprised if the mods banished him for repeated and inexcusable stupidity, zimo was his name. if you encounter him beware, you will have to dumb your insults down a lot so he can understand them. to which he will respond with some sad comeback and go off patting himself on the back, telling himself that he showed them fools.

his only response was to keep falling back on that stupid old line, do you even lift bro, while i roasted the life out of him, i told him to come back when he's had a bit more practice trolling and swapping insults, because it was just a little sad and rather boring, i wouldn't be surprised if the mods banished him for repeated and inexcusable stupidity, zimo was his name. if you encounter him beware, you will have to dumb your insults down a lot so he can understand them. to which he will respond with some sad comeback and go off patting himself on the back, telling himself that he showed them fools.

It seems like I have seen that name before but I never can remember anyone's name on here, I just know them by their avatars. I typically just block stupid people to make my sherdog experience much more enjoyable lol

It seems like I have seen that name before but I never can remember anyone's name on here, I just know them by their avatars. I typically just block stupid people to make my sherdog experience much more enjoyable lol

stupid people is the reason i love sherdog so much, nothing like a lively debate. i do enjoy an intelligent conversation as well though, cheers. i'm surprised you haven't attracted a few of our slower brethren with this thread. i can understand where you are coming from though, after all the dumb shit posted yesterday down playing cormier's wrestling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back