• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strickland is what the Diaz Brothers Pretend to Be

Strickland's personality and favor with the crowd is what Colby Covington dreams of.

I always found it odd how disrespected Strickland's jab was by the people on here.

Always thought it was top 3 in the game. Thudding. People say he doesn't hit hard - but he does what Mayweather does in the sense that he makes guys uneasy and unwilling to engage. He doesn't hit "hard" because of his stance. Sean is a massive dude who if he took away some of his risk mitigation would be walloping guys dead. The style works though.

The Diaz Brothers have horrible defence and footwork. Sean is a great offensive boxer like Nick and Nate but his defence is what sets him apart on the feet and allowed him to walk down a fleet fighter without the guy being gassed

All respect to the Diaz Brothers the new Chutebox all offence style reminds me a ton of their mindset but they had such easily exploitable defence that high level fighters usually just went to plan b and dominated them.
I agree. Diaz brothers had better offensive boxing than a lot of their peers, but their front-leg-heavy stance made them easy pickings for takedowns and leg kicks. They were durable, relentless, aggressive, but at the same time, predictable and not defensively sound. Nate addressed a lot of this later in his career, but at that point, he had already lost the title fight to Bendo in a very one-sided way, the damage had accumulated, his relationship with UFC had been very rocky, and the closest he was going to get to any belt was the one he fought for with Masvidal. Last but not least, I blame Cesar Gracie for not doing his part as Diaz brothers' coach/manager/mentor, as he seemed to be a "yes man" to them instead of pushing them to develop as fighters AND be more professional outside the cage.

He beat Lawler 20 years ago and then the ghost of BJ Penn who was fighting at a weight class up.

They are good wins, but Sean winning the title over Adesanya is leagues above anything the Diaz bros have ever done, including the Strikeforce strap and the Conor fights for Nate. Nate always got his ass kicked against Elite fighters.
Nick's win over Gomi in PrideFC was pretty damn close to the Adesanya win in terms of prestige.

Gomi was 27-3.
Consensus #1 LW in the world

Reiging PrideFC LW champ*

*having won that belt in a stacked tournament which included Mach Sakurai, Jens Pulver, Hellboy Jansen, Yves Edwards. Probably the most stacked LW tournament ever.
*(see bracket below)

Former Shooto LW champ starting in 2001, so he had been at the top of his division for 6 years

Screenshot_20230910_222825_Chrome.jpg

Their styles actually kind of remind me of each other, but Sean has better TDD and can check kicks. Also has a good teep.

But the hands, forward pressure and crazy cardio do at times make it look like Sean is a larger Diaz bro.
I see that comparison, the Diaz Brothers were missing Sean's defense though imo.

Last edited:
Do we know for sure prime Nick would lose to Izzy? Nick fought for the belt but fought against the Welterweight GOAT and got wrestled.

Prime Nick isn't checking those kicks.

Back