Stretching (Gymnastica Natural)

ozyabbas

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I find some of my guard game could be drastically improved if I actively concentrating on getting more flexible rather than just doing the stretches at the beginning of class.

Can anyone on those post give me some advice on
1) What stretches help most for bjj/judo/wrestling
2) How to do those stretches
3) If you know how that particular stretch improves what part of your game
4) What techniques you use to enhance the stretch (how long to hold for, breathing patterns etc).

I have been looking at that gymnastica natural and it looks like it helps people who have a large degree of flexibility already. It looks like a method in which to use that flexibility in a bjj setting. I need that flexibility to begin with so I don't think it will help much.

I looked at some prasara yoga clips and the same seems to apply there to.

Sorry if im asking a lot in this thread but I think it can benefit many people on this site.

Bas Ruttens Condition clips, which I believe is dvd 11 or clip 11 on his big dvd set is what I'm beginning to use to help myself out with that, its static stretching mixed with dynamic kick stretching.

Theres also a dvd thats called "grapplers toolbox" that has a lot of conditioning and stretching excersizes in it.

And... on top of all that I know theres a good one called Yoga for martial arts that my friend uses, I've yet to look at it though.

I've heard a lot about Gymnastica Natural, and apparently in brazil everyone in this sport is doing it. I've been told to look into it by a few people that thought I would like it, but I keep forgetting.

Back