Stretch Machines

Swift

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a stretch machine. I haven't used one in a while, but I can do the splits now because of one (though not as much as I used to). I'm looking for something affordable and reliable. Not wanting to spend more than $200. Any brands, models, sites, or advice is welcome.

really those things help?
Ive seen em but never tried one.

Ive used both the plastic Century machine which sucks because it breaks easily, and the more expensive metal ones whcih use a pulley and a chain and are of course much more durable. Personally though, I think if you want to become more flexible, its better to get a partner and have them force you down after an intense workout than use a stretcher.

Getting a partner is next to impossible, and I want to be able to use it whenever, thats something I can't do with a partner.

Wastes of money and space. You don't need a machine to improve your stretching, only time. I can do the splits and have never needed any machine to assist me in stretching.

Swift said:
Getting a partner is next to impossible, and I want to be able to use it whenever, thats something I can't do with a partner.

Well the best time to stretch is after yor workout when your muscles are warm. I knew a bunch of peopel in my TKD class that would get a stretching machine and try to 'cold-stretch' in the morning and other times and it never worked that well for them, but anyways, if yo wan tot get one Id get the metal ones with leather seats and legrests, they may cost 220 or 250$ but theyre probably the best you can get. Avoid the plastic Century ones or ones that use a pneumatic crank because they break.

I saw my paycheck today, and I'm starting to agree with most of you. If I did buy one, I'm sure it would just rot underneath my bed or something like that.

Back