strength while cutting.

A

anti_clwntwn**

hey everyone, it's week 6 of my cut.......and i can't lift anything. I'm down to 181lb from 192lb. Waist down to 34in from 37-38. I feel great, it's just that i've dropped about 20-30lbs off my squat, 20lbs off deadlift and about 15lbs off my bench.

I'm really struggling, to perform my old routines. Anyone else experience this, will i have bulk up again to get back where i was strength wise?

What is your totals? If you dropped 20 lbs off a 500 lb squat I don't think thats a big deal. Whats your height also?

i'm 5'9
squat 225 from 255
bench 185 from 205

I'm cutting right now, and I'm seeing a decent drop in my strength. The key is to not get overly self-conscious about it, which can affect your dedication to cutting. When you eat big, you lift big, and you feel good.

The first step for me was accepting that I was going to lose strength. The next part is to keep lifting heavy while cutting so you don't lose too much. After all, fat is only a fraction of the calories you're burning.......

It happens. The faster you lose weight the more pronounced the effect. If your goal right now is to cut the weight and your going balls out on it, some other things will have to suffer. You'll bounce right back once you starting getting the calories you need.

What kind of rep scheme are you using while you're cutting? Did you change it it when you started your cut?

Throw in a creating supplements for your strength. It will help with your strength during your cut. I recommend going with Kre-Alkalyn. It's the best creatine product.

Throw in a creating supplements for your strength. It will help with your strength during your cut. I recommend going with Kre-Alkalyn. It's the best creatine product.

If you wouldnt lose any poundages from the bar, that would mean that while you are dropping bodyweight you would also be actually gaining strength.

The amount of weight you can lift is always in correlation to your body weight. Think about it this way. If you weight 200 pounds and can squat 500 pounds. Then you diet down to 180, thats 10% reduction of your bodyweight. If your squat drops to 450 pounds thats the same ten procents right there.

So basically if the procentage of bodymass lost is the same or greater than the procentage of poundage lost from a lift, you are as strong or stronger than before.

Back