Strength & Power FAQ v2.0

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by DrBdan, Aug 31, 2010.

1. MatterOverMind Pulling for you

2. Travistx1 White Belt

Good stuff! A lot of good things on here to focus on. Finding out cardio is a big factor in the closer matches

3. Shadow_Shris White Belt

Can anyone help me on explaining for mma strength training with weights how many rep and sets should I do and what should be the weight goal that I should be able to lift comparing with my body weight? What should be the rest time between sets?

4. NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

Read this

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/strength-power-faq-v2-0.1339105/

5. mrsenor Black Belt

6. GoodFollow White Belt

7. DrBdan Something clever

That link is in the FAQ or rather, it was but it seems like the majority of the links (both to Sherdog and external) are broken or dead. Well fuck.

Maybe I'll clean it up but I'm not sure this forum gets enough traffic to make it worthwhile.

8. lordlosh White Belt

Very good and useful stuffs, but some links give error msg, probably no longer available.

9. vladimirvlad MMA is my life

Superb post, all areas covered!

10. cauti0n LMK

Can someone tell me how barbell hip thrusts would factor into grappling?

11. Gulabjamun White Belt

Hi guys,
    I am new to the forum.
    I am a teen female boxer who has been training for about 1 year and has been doing muay thai two years before that. I was extremely underweight many months ago and gained about 12 kilos in a short amount of time with medical help. Now i weigh about 51kg at 5’5. I want to bulk up to about 54kg and get stronger since i lost much of my strength along with weight. How should i do this with boxing training? If i just train boxing (pushups/heavy bag/running/hill sprints) will it be enough to build muscle without excess fat or do i need to do heavy weightlifting too? Just worried if i will have enough time to do both... i am eating in about a 400 cal surplus.

12. teepsandbarleywine White Belt

If you're a teen, just focus on the training, some supplemental strength work, and eating plenty. Muscle is slow to build and takes a while, especially if you're also training to fight at the same time. Keep working, eating, and you'll slowly accumulate more muscle and strength. It's not a process that needs rushed.