• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Street Fighter V v2: PS4 and PC ONLY

I'll be of work in a few hours to get some games in.

No. Why is it leggy on your end? Everything is good for me.

As of recently, Laura is giving me fits. It's really starting to bug me and I'm a Ryu player.

Laura to me is beatable but I do get beat by her here and there. It's the R.Mika characters that really make me want to give her a try she seems really good if you know how to use her. Ryu and Ken mainly are so tough because Shouryuken takes so much of my life away.

Yeah, you're skipping around. Those last 3 wins of mine I just had to predict, lol.

Seems tricky. You know, I have only been working with Ryu and have played a bit with Ken & Bison. How important is it to you guys that you try to learn how more fighters play v.s. perfecting the one you have?

That's a good question and it is important that you learn how a character plays. I would say just as important as you playing your character but not as hard to learn. Which is why simply playing other good players online is usually enough. I've noticed I can win a lot of the first rounds with Rashid but then I'll lose the next two as people seem to figure me out and adjust while I never seem to be able to make the adjustments in the third round.

method if you want some rashid advice I can share what ive learnt so far : E

method if you want some rashid advice I can share what ive learnt so far : E

Please do I could always use some extra help. I've been stuck in the 600-700 lp range. I really need to learn some combos with this guy but I just have so much fun playing online I don't want to stop. I keep saying one more game then I'll lose and play till I win. Then when I win I want to win again and cycle just keeps going.

Please do I could always use some extra help. I've been stuck in the 600-700 lp range. I really need to learn some combos with this guy but I just have so much fun playing online I don't want to stop. I keep saying one more game then I'll lose and play till I win. Then when I win I want to win again and cycle just keeps going.
Man thats great! I easy way is to just do some quick combopractice before you head out to the arena.

jumping MK is his crossup, it can combo into everything.
jumping HK is his far reaching jump in, also combos into everything.
jumping HP is a good instant anti-air, also a good neutral jump

combos I use(only normals)
cr. LK, cr. LP (low starter)
st. MP, cr. MK (this one is really good to learn)
cr. HP, st. MP (most damage)

Examples of combos
cr. LK, cr. LP, light spinning mixer
st. MP, cr. MK, light spinning mixer (on hit/block)
st. MP, cr. MK, ex Whirlwind Shot, cr V-trigger (on block corner pressure)
st. MP, cr. MK, V-skill, CA/medium spinning mixer
cr. HP, st. MP, medium eagle spike
cr. HP, st. MP, ex eagle spike, medium/heavy spinning mixer
cr. HP, st. MP, medium eagle spike(no mashing), CA

His light spinning mixer is so so silly, its -2 on block but you can usually go cr. lk, cr. lp after it for continued pressure.

His v-trigger is where the fun begins, or the chaos rather? I have a hard time controlling it atm.. After light spinning mixer, throws, sweeps. Throwing out the V-trigg turns it into a guessing game for the opponent. His overhead(forward HP) flies halfway across the screen if done through the tornado. Jumping through it with the right timing creates an 50/50 for which side to block for the opponent.

He doesnt have great crush counter :/ I usually crush counter with HP then sweep. Theres some gimmicks with HK crush counter, but theyre not worth it IMO.

Man thats great! I easy way is to just do some quick combopractice before you head out to the arena.

jumping MK is his crossup, it can combo into everything.
jumping HK is his far reaching jump in, also combos into everything.
jumping HP is a good instant anti-air, also a good neutral jump

combos I use(only normals)
cr. LK, cr. LP (low starter)
st. MP, cr. MK (this one is really good to learn)
cr. HP, st. MP (most damage)

Examples of combos
cr. LK, cr. LP, light spinning mixer
st. MP, cr. MK, light spinning mixer (on hit/block)
st. MP, cr. MK, ex Whirlwind Shot, cr V-trigger (on block corner pressure)
st. MP, cr. MK, V-skill, CA/medium spinning mixer
cr. HP, st. MP, medium eagle spike
cr. HP, st. MP, ex eagle spike, medium/heavy spinning mixer
cr. HP, st. MP, medium eagle spike(no mashing), CA

His light spinning mixer is so so silly, its -2 on block but you can usually go cr. lk, cr. lp after it for continued pressure.

His v-trigger is where the fun begins, or the chaos rather? I have a hard time controlling it atm.. After light spinning mixer, throws, sweeps. Throwing out the V-trigg turns it into a guessing game for the opponent. His overhead(forward HP) flies halfway across the screen if done through the tornado. Jumping through it with the right timing creates an 50/50 for which side to block for the opponent.

He doesnt have great crush counter :/ I usually crush counter with HP then sweep. Theres some gimmicks with HK crush counter, but theyre not worth it IMO.

Awesome this is really really good. Thanks so much I thought I was going to have to google all this stuff. I had issues trying to google it last time because most of it was from the Beta and I don't think it applied anymore. At least it didn't seem like it when I tried to pull off the combos. Looks like I'll be in training mode most of the night.

Theres a bunch more to him! Like his gimmicky wallgrab mixup, followup damage after activating the tornado.. Things like that! but my previous post is basically what I use myself!! Oh and his dash/run is pretty darn good for pressure/grabs

Just set your fight request on while you're in training mode. That's how I keep mine going. It helps a lot.

Online. Shoot me an invite.

Just set your fight request on while you're in training mode. That's how I keep mine going. It helps a lot.

Didn't even think about this. I have been meaning to turn that on but kept forgetting.

got my first online victory last night, sure it was a casual match but 1-0 is still undefeated. been practicing w/ryu for the last 2 days. when I get home i'll post my fighter id

Back