Straps vs chains - heavy bag

nomilkforsanta

Nathan
@Brown
Reaction score
I am going to be buying an Outslayer bag (unfilled) and I noticed they offer the bags with chains or nylon straps. Does anybody know th structural pros and cons of each hanging system?

Last edited:
I don't.

But chains make a lot of noise :icon_chee

If the chains have swivels to prevent binding, then I'd get chains. Straps might not allow the bag to freely rotate as easily, but you have to judge that for yourself.

I have the strappy version with a carabiner connected to a swivel. Bag rotates just fine. Any real advantage? Can't see one. Either or is what I say.

i would get chains just for the fact that you can use different links of the chain for height adjustment if you ever need to. I dont see how you can do that with straps.

Thanks guys, I just ordered a 6' 150lb (unfilled) bag from OutSlayer.

Vinyl material with a Brown body and Black trim and a single small logo.

Vinyl Color
brown%20muay%20thai%20punching%20bag%202-258x287.jpg

Leather Design
DSCN0182-258x287.jpg

I love my outslayer bags. I considered the straps, but ultimately decided to go with chain. Chain will not leave me wondering if the bag will remain hanging. I will clearly see when it is time to replace the chain or swivels or caribeaners.

I believe the Outslayer straps are heavy duty velcro/hook and loop. In my experience, hook and loop breaks down easier than chain.

If you decide to go with the straps, please let us know how they hold up over time. I would be willing to migrate over to the straps if they are comparable to chain.

I love my outslayer bags. I considered the straps, but ultimately decided to go with chain. Chain will not leave me wondering if the bag will remain hanging. I will clearly see when it is time to replace the chain or swivels or caribeaners.

I believe the Outslayer straps are heavy duty velcro/hook and loop. In my experience, hook and loop breaks down easier than chain.

If you decide to go with the straps, please let us know how they hold up over time. I would be willing to migrate over to the straps if they are comparable to chain.

I ordered it with chains, I have had both in my past and I just like the look of chains more.

No velcro on the Outslayer straps. Just a solid strap with extra solid stitching. Plus if the straps do eventually break......the 10 year warranty gets you a brand new bag for free :) One of the main reasons I went with Outslayer to begin with. I have also read reviews of people who actually had to do warranty claims(very very few) and they said dealing with the company was as easy as they come. I also like that the straps are actually short unlike the crap Everlast strap bags.

Back