Storm Typhoon Gi Review

Sorry mods for posting this in the wrong forum. I mean to post this in the Reviews forum.

how is the overall fit and finish of the gi?

i had the chance to have a look at the T2 in person yesterday and the finishing was pretty appalling - stitching was wonky, die cut chest patch looked really messy.. so bad in fact i thought it was a fake!

how is the overall fit and finish of the gi?

i had the chance to have a look at the T2 in person yesterday and the finishing was pretty appalling - stitching was wonky, die cut chest patch looked really messy.. so bad in fact i thought it was a fake!

This particular one I have is really top notch. No issues with the stitching at all.

I have a typhoon also, the patch on the chest ripped off pretty early, besides that pretty decent gi. I might have just been unlucky and got a bad one.

would you recommend this gi to others based on your first impressions of it?

would you recommend this gi to others based on your first impressions of it?

I'm pretty sure your asking NewCastle, but I'll give my opinion too since more the merrier. I wouldn't really recommend it simply because it is pretty pricey at $170+ for a somewhat average gi. Also one bad thing I know/heard about Storm is that their customer service is quite lacking.

i am all for "more the merrier" as i didn't know they cost that much. why would they charge so much for a somewhat entry level gi when i can buy pro gis at less than that, and even a shoyoroll at maybe ten or so more dollars than that currently (if i don't mind it being pink). i don't understand how a lot of these companies charge so much for a gi that is practically the same as a plain jane blank gi with a couple patches on it and put a pricetag of nearly 200 dollars on it.

I completely agree man, It's actually 159.95 on fightersmarket.com, so maybe not 170+ till you add tax, but still on the upper scale of gis. I find it somewhat hilarious if you go to fighters market go to gi's and click sort by price, there are so many gi's that look to be identical yet their prices can vary to upwards of $50. I have a 420 v2 kingz gi on the way. I got it %15 off with a deal and a free rashguard(worth $55) and it came to $145 total.

I think that if it fit your body type well than it's a great gi. It fit me terribly and that is always a deal breaker in my book regardless of price. I felt like the quality was very good although a bit pricey. I'm willing to pay that much for something that fits better. If you have a medium to big torso (clearly more than me) then it will probably fit well in the jacket. I did find the skirt to be substantially longer than that of Koral, Bull Terrier, Gameness, & Tatami FWIW. I purchased this gi for around $160 with a discount at Budovideos so the price was fair IMO. Their other gi's do seem to be pricey.

What size is it that you're selling and how much are you looking for? I have an A2 that fits me great and this is by far my favorite gi.

I was hoping it was an A2, someone should snatch this up quick from you at that price though. Good luck man!

Other then the ripstop , is there really much of a difference between the 2012 model and the t2 ?

Other then the ripstop , is there really much of a difference between the 2012 model and the t2 ?

From what I can tell it seems like they've spruced it up with piping, extra embroidery, and lighter weight pants.

The patches on the T2 are removable. Also, the sleeves have their zero hold system (ripstop panels sewn to the inside of the forearms). The zero hold makes it easier to break grips because it makes the sleeves stiffer when pulled on.

Back