Stop Disrespecting Ariel Helwani.

Okamoto and Thomas are better than him. Helwani has poor perspective and asks dumb questions.

Helwani was named "MMA Journalist of the Year" at the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 , 2017 and 2018 World MMA Awards.

In 2011, FIGHT! Magazine named him as one of their "Power 20", a list of the "most significant power players, movers, shakers, ambassadors, and game-changers in MMA," describing him as "the Howard Cosell of MMA".

At the beginning of 2015, Helwani won "2014 Journalist of the Year" in the Awakening WMMA Awards.

He sucks. Fuck him. All he is good for is interviewing and shilling. Luke Thomas is far superior. He can interview, even though he's inferior in that aspect, he can analyse, he's funny and interesting and he's not as much of a shill. He'll criticize everyone. Ariel is too scared to criticize Conor and will throw anyone under the bus to promote him.

giphy.gif

But he threw a pity party for himself, get cried... Your kids are gonna see that.

They are all boring as fuck. I liked Ben Fowkles but he did super weird career moves and now work for a subscription only website writing for 9 readers.

They are all horrible interviewers except Helwani. And the dude puts in the work, he goes all over the place and even waited 5 hours for Mayweather to show up at his lousy strip club. He defends his vision with his twelve hours Monday show. I don’t watch it but it earns my respect. Hail to the nose.

Okamoto and Thomas are better than him. Helwani has poor perspective and asks dumb questions.
Luke Thomas is the worst in the biz. Hes not better than anyone, let alone Helwani.

Okamoto did one of those Ariel interviews with Jorge where we walks with him around his old neighborhood. I kept wishing Jorge would punch him in the face.

Last edited:
Anyone else find that Okamoto comes off a little pretentious? He does a good job though, so does Ariel.

Okamoto is best in roles where he gets to play a small excited boy. That’s probably how he really feels. He comes off as pretentious when he tries to act with gravitas, probably because it’s not really him.

Back