Stop acting like Jones face was due to Gus's skill

jodka

Regional Manager
@red
Reaction score
Seriously.

Everyone is acting like the damage to Jones was all because of Gus's amazing striking.

Jones slipped a punch by Gus. The glancing glove sliced up Jones eye, completely changing the fight. It's damn likely that Jones was fighting with one eye for the rest of the night.

Take that slice away and Jones looks just a bit puffy. Don't over reward a quirk of MMA gloves that has been hated for years. Gus definitely got the better of the head striking, but it wasn't anything earth shattering.

It was an amazing fight that could have gone either way. Stop ruining that with your stupidity.

so the punch doesnt count unless its a 100% accurate? It grazed him so it doesnt count, damage doesnt count.

The hell?

Gus hurt Jones noticeably with punches, and swelling doesn't = cut. Go to bed TS, stop discrediting Gus

yeah guys! clearly stitch was popping Jones between rounds, duh!

bones almost put gus to sleep. he was one punch away from ktfo'ing him.

people keep ignoring this and all they look at is a swollen lip. i dont get it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Gus outboxed him the entire fight and you want us to ignore damage caused? Essentially, people are trying to say Jones won the fight due to rocking him in the fourth, nothing else mattered.

You say don't over reward, while you are under rewarding? Okay.

The hell?

Gus hurt Jones noticeably with punches, and swelling doesn't = cut. Go to bed TS, stop discrediting Gus

Read the whole post. I'm not discrediting Gus at all. The major damage to Jones face was the cut, caused by a glancing blow. You can deny that all you want.

His face would have been puffy without it, I already said that.

LOL Wtf.... Take those nuts out. Your boy got exposed and got lucky

The cut to jones eye was due to the leather of the glove grazing hit.

it wasn't cause his lips were blocking jabs or anything, naaahhh. Not that Gus gave him a boxing lesson, kicked his legs out from under him catching his kicks or jacking him with uppercuts?

Stop acting like you're some kind of authority who knows what they're talking about.

Jones was embarrassed in that fight.

I agree visible damage isn't that relevant but his face was also swelling up from Gus landing clean punches.

You are saying his face was fucked up because of the power of the holy spirit? That Gus didn't hit him?

Go away TS.

Back