Stomach ache from fish oil?

Ziltoid

In search for the Ultimate cup of Coffee
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of people getting stomach aches and nausea from fish oils. My wife for one gets it sometimes after taking fish oils and her mom gets dizzy and pains in her stomach after taking fish oils. Now i know it can be a little hard to tell if the fish oils would cause this but just wondering if it can be from fish oils. I googled around and found very few people with these symptoms. I never had this problem so it's a bit weird that I'm hearing this. My wife's diet is pretty straight as I'm getting her into shape and eating right. Thanks in advance!

1. Are they taking it with food?
2. Has it gone rancid?

Yes they are taking with food and no they are not rancid. I know because my wife and I take it together. As far as my mother in law goes...I dont know. I'm going to say no because she just bought them.

Yes they are taking with food and no they are not rancid. I know because my wife and I take it together. As far as my mother in law goes...I dont know. I'm going to say no because she just bought them.

How much are you taking per serving?

How much are you taking per serving?

My wife and I take roughly 3.6g daily. Mother in law takes I think the recommended dosage it says...what? 2 pills a day, lol! She doesnt know any better but I was explaining it to her yesterday that she needs to up the EPA/DHA. I should also mention that my mother in law takes water pills if its of any significance?

I'm still googling around trying to find something on it. I found this for now.

fish oil bipolar

An Institute of Psychiatry study tested EPA on 75 bipolar out-patients, of both sexes between the ages of 18 and 70. Some received EPA, in a light dose or heavier dose, while others received placebos. They found that the benefits of the light dose were just as significant as those with a heavier dose. The EPA didn

I'm still googling around trying to find something on it. I found this for now.

fish oil bipolar

An Institute of Psychiatry study tested EPA on 75 bipolar out-patients, of both sexes between the ages of 18 and 70. Some received EPA, in a light dose or heavier dose, while others received placebos. They found that the benefits of the light dose were just as significant as those with a heavier dose. The EPA didn

^^^lol! I can say the same about me too.

Back to the original topic though, not really sure why it's causing them discomfort.

maybe it's a food allergy? or they're just not used to taking that amount of food.

Just from experience I notice that if I eat to much fat in a day, it can really mess with my stomach.
Mainly the shiats!

But never had the affect from fish oil and I take almost 3 grams of EPA/DHA 3 times a day.

Bry

Back