Stoeger Cougar 9mm

CarloSpcyWeiner

Desert Eagle, .50
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As you guys have read in the thread I put up, I'm in the market for a 9mm handgun under $500. I was shopping around and found the Stoeger Cougar. What have you guys heard about this gun so far? Is it close to the quality of the Beretta original? It's only $399, so I'm kind of interested.

I'm yet to hear a negative comment about them.

I've enjoyed mine, it likes to be run wet

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

The Stoeger is a good gun it has been always reliable and has my favorite grip of all my pistols. Recoil is nice as well with the rotating barrel and for the price its hard to beat, even extra factory mags were cheap at $20 a pop. With that said nothing in my book will replace my favorite pistol of all the PX4 Storm 9mm. It all comes down to preference and I've spouted my love of the Beretta many times on here but as for your question yes I would feel confident with the Stoeger as my first pistol purchase.

DSC_0065.jpg

The Stoeger is a good gun it has been always reliable and has my favorite grip of all my pistols. Recoil is nice as well with the rotating barrel and for the price its hard to beat, even extra factory mags were cheap at $20 a pop. With that said nothing in my book will replace my favorite pistol of all the PX4 Storm 9mm. It all comes down to preference and I've spouted my love of the Beretta many times on here but as for your question yes I would feel confident with the Stoeger as my first pistol purchase.

DSC_0065.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the PX4 too and got to shoot it this weekend as well. I was surprised at its accuracy, and its recoil was actually pretty soft, I just wasn't a fan of the grip. It almost felt too flat to me. The Stoeger actually looks like it would have a great grip, and the price would be perfect for me. I haven't shot one yet, but if it shoots anything like the PX4 and i can find one California legal, it might be sold....

By the way, is that a P90? I'm steadily gonna start building a collection, and an unstoppable brick of a .45 sounds like it would be great later on.

I've always heard they were the same quality as a Beretta Cougars and for a much cheaper price tag. I've heard nothing but great things about them however the best thing you can do is try em before you buy 'em. No one gun gun is gonna be great for everyone it comes down to personal preference and how the gun fits your hand. Some people may say things such as " a GLOCK is the best handgun hands down" or "Kimber 1911s are the best weapon money can buy" but everyone's different and there's no #1 handgun. And this is coming from a guy that loves GLOCKs. I say if you handle(better yet shoot) the Stoeger and it works great for you compared to other options go ahead and get it. You can't go wrong with that deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back