Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF. I just bought some more JNJ yesterday too. They have earnings early next week.

chart.ashx

Not bad. But you also entered right after a huge market collapse into one of the best growth periods in American history for public companies. I wouldn't bank on that for the next 7-10 IMO

I know. It's been going up too much for too long. Next few years might not be pretty.

Got a bit of an insider tip from a classmate (I am doing my master's degree atm) about weed stocks. She does venture capital and financing for businesses in that sector. Apparently it's a giant bubble waiting to deflate (not burst).

If you're thinking about jumping into weed, now is not the time. Wait till the hot air has been squeezed out of the market first.

lolz @ thinking this is insider info.

WTF. I just bought some more JNJ yesterday too. They have earnings early next week.

chart.ashx

lolz. i saw this, bought 10 shares (basically, how i bookmark/a placeholder)... looked up what's happening with it, went NOPE and sold ~1 minute later for a .30 profit. PROFIT!

between the lawsuits (and apparently, a DOJ investigation), i would not sit on this over a weekend. i mean, it might spike on tuesday (if this is overblown/just rumour, it will probably spike regardless of earnings), but i personally don't think it's worth the risk.

lolz. i saw this, bought 10 shares (basically, how i bookmark/a placeholder)... looked up what's happening with it, went NOPE and sold ~1 minute later for a .30 profit. PROFIT!

between the lawsuits (and apparently, a DOJ investigation), i would not sit on this over a weekend. i mean, it might spike on tuesday (if this is overblown/just rumour, it will probably spike regardless of earnings), but i personally don't think it's worth the risk.
Or it clears up and everyone realizes that a 1 billion in lawsuits doesnt justify wiping billions off market cap. I regret not buying at 5% down but was looking for a bottom.

Also new game I'm playing: look for stocks where ppl say "I give up!" or "this is only going higher"....then do the opposite.

Finally some retail justice as my Levis goes back toward open price and these shitty retailers give back their morning squeeze gains. I wish I had seen these stupid Stitch Fix upgrade goldman gave. Literally all downhill today since the open.

Or it clears up and everyone realizes that a 1 billion in lawsuits doesnt justify wiping billions off market cap. I regret not buying at 5% down but was looking for a bottom.

oh, i know. also, i doubt jnj would have continued to sell baby powder if they knew about asbestos/carcinogens. it's just one product of many...

but now that there appears to be a criminal probe, rationality is out. not that the market is rational, to begin with...

Exactly. JNJ is just about the best stock there is too. They also recently won a lawsuit.

Mattel is being sued for killing babies. Who cares? Shit matters less than people think. Unless you are Chipolte with a food outbreak. Then your fucked.

chart.ashx

Remark finally paid off. Was buying in the 85 cent range not long ago.

chart.ashx

Wow thanks for telling us how cheap it got lol :p. That woulda been tasty as fuck

It could have gone down to 70 cents. I had no clue. I didn't think it was a good idea to share. I don't even know what the company does. lol. I think it is tech. It is Chinese.

Speaking of Tast. That BK and Popeye's chain I mentioned. Good swing on this. It appears to have bounced off the bottom again. I sold some today.

chart.ashx

Mattel is being sued for killing babies. Who cares? Shit matters less than people think. Unless you are Chipolte with a food outbreak. Then your fucked.

if this is re: jnj, it's not a lawsuit that brought the sp down today. it's a criminal investigation. just sayin'

It could have gone down to 70 cents. I had no clue. I didn't think it was a good idea to share. I don't even know what the company does. lol. I think it is tech. It is Chinese.
I do recall you getting excited about it around current trading lvl.
Best plays are standing up to big winners and losers :)

I do recall you getting excited about it around current trading lvl.
Best plays are standing up to big winners and losers :)

I just felt it could be like handing a loaded gun to a baby. Which I do myself anyway.

I really like LivePerson too. Brackis introduced me to it. I am long on this and up nice. They are behind a lot of the messenger technology.

chart.ashx

I really like LivePerson too. Brackis introduced me to it. I am long on this and up nice. They are behind a lot of the messenger technology.

chart.ashx
I havent been in it sadly.

And yes loaded guns to babies are great. If I'd gotten in on WOW @ 7 for example and I'd be a happy camper rn.

Hell yeah my Symantec up a few % after hrs; let's get this buyout done!
I love rotating thru legit buyout hopes for 2-3 week arbitrage.

Last edited:
Just learned something from CNBC. They don't allow weed companies some standard deductions, making it even harder for them.

The Tax Court has denied a California medical-marijuana dispensary’s deductions for ordinary and necessary business expenses and costs of goods sold. The Court also found that the government’s dismissal with prejudice of a previous civil forfeiture action against the taxpayer did not bar the deficiency determination.

https://tax.thomsonreuters.com/news...sold-claimed-by-medical-marijuana-dispensary/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back