• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe vs Prime Fedor wouldn't be particularly close

Came in expecting to see multiple posts from Typrune Goatley and Peds Help me Post pink knighting the shit out of their man-crush.

Didn't leave disappointed.
I’m surprise they can type while sucking fedor

Nog gave as good as he got to Sergei who could potentially have gone to the Olympics if he hadn't chosen MMA, his brother with pretty similar boxing was South American champion.

The third Nog fight is actually a perfect example of how Fedor;s speed and diverse MMA adapted striking gets the better of a strong more traditional MMA boxer.
Stipe is a way bigger, way better boxer than nog even in his prime. Stipe is much more athletic, technical, longer, quicker, more power, has better foot work, etc

Came in expecting to see multiple posts from Typrune Goatley and Peds Help me Post pink knighting the shit out of their man-crush.

Didn't leave disappointed.

What is hilarious is typrune tries to act like fedor isn’t his favorite fighter…before he stated fedor isn’t even in his top 5 lol. Only posts I see him make are gobbling fedors family jewels. Thinks by saying “well fedor is the goat and he isn’t even in my top 5 so I’m not biased” people will take him serious lol…fakest poster on sherdog.

Stipe is the shit,hes awesome. Dont got a bad thing to say.

But how can he beat God? Literally God? The answer is he cant. He cant. None can. Not at the height of Fedor's power. Shut this thread down. With Fedor's reign went the era of divinity in mma.

Jesus go outside …

What is hilarious is typrune tries to act like fedor isn’t his favorite fighter…before he stated fedor isn’t even in his top 5 lol. Only posts I see him make are gobbling fedors family jewels. Thinks by saying “well fedor is the goat and he isn’t even in my top 5 so I’m not biased” people will take him serious lol…fakest poster on sherdog.
The guy has dedicated his entire life to defending Fedor's honour on the internet. If Fedor isn't his favourite fighter I'd hate to see what creepy lengths he'd go to in order to defend his actual favourite fighter... it would probably be actions that are borderline illegal due to laws on stalking etc.

Fedor might be the only elite MMA fighter who didn't suffer major injury to not just be past his prime at 32, but not even competitive

It's crazy
Really makes you think

Don’t bother with that idiot he’s a blind hater. Fedor had finally lost in Sambo at that point and it was clear even on sherdog that he was past his prime
I just can't help it sometimes. Despite being a rabid fan of a few different fighters (and avid hater of others), I can't stop learning about the sport and trying to be objective.

Stipe is a way bigger, way better boxer than nog even in his prime. Stipe is much more athletic, technical, longer, quicker, more power, has better foot work, etc

I think Nog was clearly quicker than Stipe, just look at the punch that dropped Werdum early in their Pride fight. Technically I'd say its questionable, personally I'd say Nog better defencively maybe Stipe better offensively although mostly due to having more power. Nog wasn't lacking in power though, its more a question of who he was fighting, Herring, Barnett, etc are known for their chins were as he was dropping guys like Mir, Randy and Schuab well past his prime.

I think Nog was clearly quicker than Stipe, just look at the punch that dropped Werdum early in their Pride fight. Technically I'd say its questionable, personally I'd say Nog better defencively maybe Stipe better offensively although mostly due to having more power. Nog wasn't lacking in power though, its more a question of who he was fighting, Herring, Barnett, etc are known for their chins were as he was dropping guys like Mir, Randy and Schuab well past his prime.
Nog may have had faster hands (I thought Ngannou did too, FWIW) but Stipe is extremely quick, which is the word i used. His feet are super fast in every direction and he's very well coordinated, all especially true for a guy his size. He moves well and very quickly. He's noticeably larger than nog, Fedor, Cro cop, etc. and a true multi sport athlete.

Nog may have had faster hands (I thought Ngannou did too, FWIW) but Stipe is extremely quick, which is the word i used. His feet are super fast in every direction and he's very well coordinated, all especially true for a guy his size. He moves well and very quickly. He's noticeably larger than nog, Fedor, Cro cop, etc. and a true multi sport athlete.

I'm not rubbishing Stipe at all, I think he'd be a massive test for Nog, Fedor, Crocop, etc but I just don't see this massive jump in boxing ability between him and them.

Honestly I think what stands out most today is the weakness in other peoples boxing at HW, Reem, JDS and Werdum all showed massive gapping holes in their boxing ability in their loses to Stipe. Werdum rushing forward with his chin out and no timing at all whilst JDS and Reem showed aweful defence when pushed back to the cage.

Werdum rushing forward with his chin out and no timing at all whilst JDS and Reem showed aweful defence when pushed back to the cage.
You have to credit Stipe at least a little for this. He is a plan and strategy-based fighter. His team decides what they want to exploit and he attacks it aggressively. It called for more forward pressure against junior, slightly less aggressive and more defensive but still forward pressure for Overeem and a more conservative approach for Werdum. But still he's always cutting off your movement, keeping you feeling unsure.

One thing I think I've picked up on is how uncomfortable every single person seems to be in there with stipe. He does a really good job of making sure you react instead of waiting for anything to happen. He's definitely found his groove.

You have to credit Stipe at least a little for this. He is a plan and strategy-based fighter. His team decides what they want to exploit and he attacks it aggressively. It called for more forward pressure against junior, slightly less aggressive and more defensive but still forward pressure for Overeem and a more conservative approach for Werdum. But still he's always cutting off your movement, keeping you feeling unsure.

One thing I think I've picked up on is how uncomfortable every single person seems to be in there with stipe. He does a really good job of making sure you react instead of waiting for anything to happen. He's definitely found his groove.

Yeah Stipe obviously showed a lot of ability to exploit these weaknesses but still I do think the weaknesses themselves were pretty clear and not IMHO something that fighters like Nog, Fedor or Crocop displayed in their best years,

I'd agree Stipe's an excellent gameplanner who targets opponents weaknesses, I think this aspect of his game is what really changed between the Struve and 1st JDS fights and his title run, he has the confidence to really go after these weaknesses aggressively. Todays Stipe probably doesn't give Struve the time and space to exploit his reach like that, he likely either KO's him early or beats him up on the ground.

Back