Rumored Stipe vs Ngannou 2 in March 2021

Who wins if the fights booked?

• Total voters
I see no evidence of either, care to elaborate?
Rewatch the fight.
Stipe appears to be a shell of his former self. He got punched multiple times. You can’t make any mistakes with Francis.
Stipe seemed on point when he fought the first time. But I think he’s older , slower and Francis has gotten better, and isn’t as new to MMA as he was then.
He got a reality check losing, and will come back better than ever.
Think Conor Diaz II, except this time a Francis KOs him within 2.
I’d bet heavily on it.

Dude what do u mean Terrible Champion he defended the HW title more than anyone in UFC HW division history

Only two fights in the last two years, against the same guy. Stipe is holding up the division because he doesn't want to fight Ngannou. I don't blame him for that, but he needs to retire already if he doesn't want to fight.

Will be almost a year since Ngannou fought last. Very disappointed. Anyway, I think Ngannou will get the early KO this time. I want to see him blitz Stipe like he did Ruzinzlzkzlk.

seriously is UFC dumb he ain’t getting no younger and they holding him back

I honestly think ufc doesn’t like Francis or at least Dana white remember he said he had an ego problem and all that. UFC shouldn’t let business get in way of fights fans want and deserve to see

Rewatch the fight.
Stipe appears to be a shell of his former self. He got punched multiple times. You can’t make any mistakes with Francis.
Stipe seemed on point when he fought the first time. But I think he’s older , slower and Francis has gotten better, and isn’t as new to MMA as he was then.
He got a reality check losing, and will come back better than ever.
Think Conor Diaz II, except this time a Francis KOs him within 2.
I’d bet heavily on it.
He’s a shell because he got punched? You know he was fighting someone a lot better than francis in every way, right?

Obviously there’s no way to tell if francis got any better and you have to really reach to say stipe got worse. He actually progressively beat Daniel more decisively over the trilogy, indicating he improved...

Only two fights in the last two years, against the same guy. Stipe is holding up the division because he doesn't want to fight Ngannou. I don't blame him for that, but he needs to retire already if he doesn't want to fight.
There’s zero evidence that points to stipe not wanting to fight francis

What a waste of time doing it in 6 months. It doesn't take that long to get ready. Stipe is like 40. He needs to shit or get off the pot.
He is (fairly recently) 38.
And mid-March isn't 6months away, it's 4.5months away.

I'm guessing he told UFC he is spending Xmas and New Year with his family (he's a big family guy, new kid) and then he can start a fight camp in early Jan so he'll be ready in March. He's a millionaire, he doesn't really need the money and wife and daughter is more important to him than another UFC fight. I think he'll retire in 2021, win or lose, and quite possibly in March.

So if Stipe wins his next title defense will be sometime in 2026 correct?

That’s quite a long way away compared to some other title fights that were announced in this COVID era.

Stipes training includes 3 interrupted months of blindly being pelted with bricks to the face

Give me a break. He cleaned out that division before giving DC a shot in the first place. If there’s anyone who could demand an immediate rematch, they are Stipe (at that time) and Izzy (post Costa win). Fact is DC was going to flat out refuse to give him a rematch and waited until his plans fell apart to give him a rematch. As for the third match, we are going through a pandemic you idiot. If Stipe is holding up the division, so was Khabib who sat out for more than a year. No talk of getting stripped for inactivity. Btw, I don’t blame either one. Stop pretending you are saying this because you give a shit about the organization, fact is, you are just buased.

Give me a break. He cleaned out that division before giving DC a shot in the first place. If there’s anyone who could demand an immediate rematch, they are Stipe (at that time) and Izzy (post Costa win). Fact is DC was going to flat out refuse to give him a rematch and waited until his plans fell apart to give him a rematch. As for the third match, we are going through a pandemic you idiot. If Stipe is holding up the division, so was Khabib who sat out for more than a year. No talk of getting stripped for inactivity. Btw, I don’t blame either one. Stop pretending you are saying this because you give a shit about the organization, fact is, you are just buased.
Smh.
The fighters rarely have a hand in why they fight.
It doesn't matter who DC refused or wanted to fight. The UFC chooses. The UFC didn't want Stipe getting a rematch with a potential Brock fight looming. And you better believe if Stipe won they would've tried to make Stipe vs Brock.

Stipe lost. Brock fell through. The rematch happened.

He’s a shell because he got punched? You know he was fighting someone a lot better than francis in every way, right?

Obviously there’s no way to tell if francis got any better and you have to really reach to say stipe got worse. He actually progressively beat Daniel more decisively over the trilogy, indicating he improved...

There’s zero evidence that points to stipe not wanting to fight francis
Bro, I’m a big Stipe fan and have been defending him on threads like this, but even I think Stipe has been a shell of himself. That first round in his first fight against DC is the last time I saw him fight like how he always fought. Sure he has been more versatile in his moves but I don’t think the Stipe in the second or third fight could beat the less versatile, more durable, relentless one-two punch Stipe we saw before. I thought weight loss would help with his gas tank but he seemed to be more gassed and weaker in his later rounds than I’ve ever seen before. I’m still going to hope we can see some old Stipe and cheer for him in his next fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smh.
The fighters rarely have a hand in why they fight.
It doesn't matter who DC refused or wanted to fight. The UFC chooses. The UFC didn't want Stipe getting a rematch with a potential Brock fight looming. And you better believe if Stipe won they would've tried to make Stipe vs Brock.

Stipe lost. Brock fell through. The rematch happened.
What are you trying to argue here? How does your point change the fact that I don’t think Stipe is holding out the division?

What are you trying to argue here? How does your point change the fact that I don’t think Stipe is holding out the division?
It doesn't. I'm just saying don't blame DC for what happened.

Bro, I’m a big Stipe fan and have been defending him on threads like this, but even I think Stipe has been a shell of himself. That first round in his first fight against DC is the last time I saw him fight like how he always fought. Sure he has been more versatile in his moves but I don’t think the Stipe in the second or third fight could beat the less versatile, more durable, relentless one-two punch Stipe we saw before. I thought weight loss would help with his gas tank but he seemed to be more gassed and weaker in his later rounds than I’ve ever seen before. I’m still going to hope we can see some old Stipe and cheer for him in his next fight.
Again, he was fighting DC. DC is an animal and a way, way better fighter than francis. It’s a much tougher match up.

I don’t see why people refer to the championship rounds, if the fight goes that far with francis it favors stipe by a wide margin. Did you see how badly francis looked his only time there?

What people seem to be missing is that styles make fights. DC makes everyone look bad. He’s never even lost to anyone else except jones. Stipe finished him and then dominated him in the third. He did what he had to do to win that style match up.

Sure, francis can KO anybody, especially early. But it’s a much easier match up stylistically than DC for stipe.

Put it this way, if stipe can out strike and out grapple DC in the clinch for five rounds, what is francis gonna do when he can’t land that nuke? Again?

Stipe has clearly declined. If you watched his last 2 fights against DC his striking Defence was basically non-existent

Back