Stipe vs Jones is the most intriguing fight in mma

jones vs any hw would be interesting.. i wanna see how much strength he has at HW when gaining mass..if dc could take any1 down i bet jones could too.i believe he is stronger than dc but lacks 1 punch k.o power..but yeah it will change if he gains alot of mass and muscle

ngannou vs Jones is more intriguing :

- Jones will still have a size advantage over stipe, he wont against Ngannou.

- I can see Jones outwrestling Stipe from the clinch.

- Jones is never outwrestling Ngannou, unless he tries to strike to hide his takedowns like stipe did.

- The problems is that Jones' boxing is very bad compared to Ngannou.

- Jones wont pressure ngannou against the cage, you can be sure about that 100 per cent, those oblick kicks barely worked on santos, and they sure won't work on Ngannou's legs which are 2 times the sized of santos ...

- Jones get touched in every fight, one shot from ngannou and it is basically over for a LHW.

- Styles make fight, and Ngannou's style is the only Jones has never faced, he didn't face rumble so we don't know he deals with real One shot power, and ngannou is a bigger, LONGER, stronger, more technical ( striking wise only ) version of rumble.
So Jones could outwrestle Stipe, but not Ngannou? What

stipe has looked very beatable and jones already beat dc 2x

So basically, you think Jones/Ngannou is intriguing because you believe Ngannou is better everywhere. Regardless of whether it's true or not, that's normally a reason for people saying a fight ISN'T intriguing (and presumably the reason, in the opposite direction, you don't think Jones has intriguing fights at LHW).
not better everywhere at all, just much better in Jones main weakness, boxing and physical abilities. It is still intriguing because most people will told you that Jones will run over ngannou, in my opinion ngannou KO jones badly inside 1 round

Jones vs Stipe would go like Jones vs Gus 2. Gus is a better Stipe IMO.

So Jones could outwrestle Stipe, but not Ngannou? What
styles make fight, not complicated to understand.

Jones can outwrestle Stipe from the clinch, Jones will respect Stipe's power, but it is not something out of this world, maybe a bit more power than DC or santos, but nothing crazy.

Wheras Jones won't be able to clinch at any time against ngannou, you don't want to be in boxing range against ngannou, either kicking range, or clinch, but never in boxing range.

Overeem who is arguably an as good as jones clinch fighter couldnt do much against ngannou, because of the huge difference in strength and power. Overeem is arguably stronger than Jones ...

If jones want to take down ngannou, he will have to do what Cain, and blaydes failed to do but what stipe succeed to do : strikes with ngannou to hide the takedowns. Does Jones have the boxing to even survive couple of exchanges against ngannou ?

I don't think so, if santos and saint preux catches you, you can be sure it will be a short night against ngannou ....
Vu2Ph7O.gif

Jones vs Stipe would go like Jones vs Gus 2. Gus is a better Stipe IMO.
lol Gus is the most overrated fighter of the decade by far ... Best win ? glover teixeira ...

lol Gus is the most overrated fighter of the decade by far ... Best win ? glover teixeira ...

He's not necessarily overrated, it's just that his best performances were when he lost against Jones and DC. I still think prime Gus was a fucking monster. Slightly below Jones, DC and Rumble. As for Stipe, his best wins were against old men and Ngannou who was pushed too soon.

Any of 4 fights for Stipe is interesting. Blaydes, Frank, DC or Jones. And Volkov is a bit of a dark horse in that Div too.

He's not necessarily overrated, it's just that his best performances were when he lost against Jones and DC. I still think prime Gus was a fucking monster. Slightly below Jones, DC and Rumble. As for Stipe, his best wins were against old men and Ngannou who was pushed too soon.
one this old man beat Gus while being completely drained ... Gus " prime " is the new mythical fighter now ? Gus is just a good fighter who had good anti wrestling skills and good boxing. It was enough to give problem to Jones while on cock and to DC, but at the end of the day he still lost those fights. He then got destroyed by rumble, Jones in the rematch and lost to fucking anthony smith, I repeat : Anthony fucking Smith !

Back