Stipe vs DC is the most important MMA fight this year

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And it was the most important MMA fight last year too.

It might not be the one I'm personally most excited for, even on that card Romero vs Costa is probably my favorite matchup this year so far.

That said, there is no more important fight in MMA, than that for the HW title.

It's especially important in this case because both guys are trying to make a case for HW GOAT.

Thoughts?

Agreed. This is make or break for both guys.

DC can't be losing this close to retirement. I don't see him as the type of guy to go out on a loss.

If Stipe loses again, he'll be thrown to the back of the line and he won't get a TS for a while. He might even retire if he loses to DC again. It's crushing

Sad thing is aside from these two guys there's really no legit heavyweights left

DC will end Stipe's career this Saturday

Sad thing is aside from these two guys there's really no legit heavyweights left
Big Frank is standing strong tho.

gbQ7hGV.png

IDK man.

Khabib vs Dustin is more important. I still wanna see Khabib vs Ferg

DC could win and retire & be in not just HW GOAT talk but P4P GOAT talk.

GSP is right there & so is Jones. But I think Jones will eventually get beat a few times & stick around too long to make up for all the money he missed out on from NIKE, Gatorade, legal fees, drugs, strip clubs, etc. Or he'll pop hot again & get a 4 year ban, come back in 2023 to make money & get killed by some young cat.

Fedor, Aldo, Anderson all looked unbeatable for a decade as well but lost many down the stretch of their respective careers. The fight game is not kind, DC should absolutey get out if he wins Saturday night.

Last edited:
DC will end Stipe's career this Saturday
Doubt it, even if Stipe loses DC's either chasing Jones for one more match or likely retiring. Given the paucity of quality HWs Stipe would likely end up getting a title shot for the vacant HW belt against Ngannou, or failing that he'd be at most one fight away from a title shot potentially having to face someone like JDS, Blaydes or Overeem in a number one contenders fight.

Really hope DC wins and retires. Easily the combat athlete GOAT.

DC could win and retire & be in not just HW GOAT talk but P4P GOAT talk.

GSP is right there & so is Jones. But I think Jones will eventually get beat a few times & stick around too long to make up for all the money he missed out on from NIKE, Gatorade, legal fees, drugs, strip clubs, etc. Or he'll pop hot again & get a 4 year ban, come back in 2023 to make money & get killed by some young cat.

Fedor, Aldo, Anderson all looked unbeatable for a decade as well but lost many down the stretch of their respective careers. The fight game is not kind, DC should absolute get out if he wins Saturday night.
Man... MAN. Stop it, casual. STOP.
tenor.gif

I don't fancy the HW belt half as much, TS.

It's cool that two big guys are fighting but the lack of talent on HW is just terrible.. My favorite divisions are between LW and MW (used to include LHW, but that division is still hostage of Jones)

IDK man.

Khabib vs Dustin is more important. I still wanna see Khabib vs Ferg
No because in the real world both Stipe or DC would step on Dustin or Khabib like dog shit.

What’s more important on the African savanna, a battle between two lions, or a battle between two leopards?

I like leopards more than lions, but I still know that the winning lion will rule that territory, and when that winning leopard sees him coming he will be climbing a tree.

It's not even the most important fight on the card. The UFC HW division is a joke.

No because in the real world both Stipe or DC would step on Dustin or Khabib like dog shit.

What’s more important on the African savanna, a battle between two lions, or a battle between two leopards?

I like leopards more than lions, but I still know that the winning lion will rule that territory, and when that winning leopard sees him coming he will be climbing a tree.
There's no lions in africa

Back