Media Stipe vs Cormier 3 confirmed by Mr. White

images

That kid's got a handful of sand that he's been eating. The more you know.

Stipe by split decision.

How does anybody give a fuck about watching Stipe fight the same guy 3x in a row?

Many? Make a poll for GOAT HW. 70+ % will probably be for Fedor. Fedor's top 2 wins over Nog and Cro Cop at the time they happened were marginally more impressive than any of Stipe's.
Yes many and that includes outside of sherdoggers. People actually in the game see stipe as goat

Stipe has better wins than nog and cro cop. Francis, Werdum and DC would all give fedor, nog and cro cop serious problems. Junior as well. Overeem as well. So I don’t see how you can feel that way tbh because Miocic annihilated them all.

Yes many and that includes outside of sherdoggers. People actually in the game see stipe as goat

Stipe has better wins than nog and cro cop. Francis, Werdum and DC would all give fedor, nog and cro cop serious problems. Junior as well. Overeem as well. So I don’t see how you can feel that way tbh because Miocic annihilated them all.
I like Stipe but he actually lost to prime JDS. Everyone you mentioned was over 35 with lots of damage and not better wins than Cro Cop or Big Nog in their primes.

Also, let's say DC beat Stipe (very good possibility), he would instantly be out of this discussion.

I'm not saying Stipe loses to all of them, just that general consensus is not that he's GOAT, especially if he gets KO'd again by DC or Ngannou after.

Fedor didn't lose for 10 years. I'll bump this in a year when everyone says Stipe was never that good. (He is good, imo, but it's sherdog and that's what another loss will do to him)

I like Stipe but he actually lost to prime JDS. Everyone you mentioned was over 35 with lots of damage and not better wins than Cro Cop or Big Nog in their primes.

Also, let's say DC beat Stipe (very good possibility), he would instantly be out of this discussion.

I'm not saying Stipe loses to all of them, just that general consensus is not that he's GOAT, especially if he gets KO'd again by DC or Ngannou after.

Fedor didn't lose for 10 years. I'll bump this in a year when everyone says Stipe was never that good. (He is good, imo, but it's sherdog and that's what another loss will do to him)
Doesn’t really matter about their age, fedor fought mostly scrubs in those ten years but you don’t want to factor that in

Plus stipe is pushing 40 himself

We can all make arguments to support our beliefs

Doesn’t really matter about their age, fedor fought mostly scrubs in those ten years but you don’t want to factor that in

Plus stipe is pushing 40 himself

We can all make arguments to support our beliefs
My only argument is that Fedor is regarded as GOAT from a general consensus, not Stipe, and this is true. Whether you personally believe it or not is irrelevant. Make a poll and see who wins that.

He's one fight away from definitively not being considered the best HW of this era alone.

Fedor fought mostly scrubs in PRIDE?

Mirko Cro Cop
Big Nog
Big Nog
Big Nog
Heath Herring
Mark Coleman
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Mark Hunt
Semmy Schilt

None of these guys were old except Coleman.

He fought 4 "scrubs" with zero losses.

When you fight someone is absolutely relevant.

Beating Thiago Alves in 2009 and beating him in 2019 has different ramifications

Stipe has 13 wins in the UFC and 4 scrubs himself. Also lost 3 fights, including one scrub (Struve)

Del Rosario
Beltran
De Fries
Maldonado

Make a poll.

My only argument is that Fedor is regarded as GOAT from a general consensus, not Stipe, and this is true. Whether you personally believe it or not is irrelevant. Make a poll and see who wins that.

He's one fight away from definitively not being considered the best HW of this era alone.

Fedor fought mostly scrubs in PRIDE?

Mirko Cro Cop
Big Nog
Big Nog
Big Nog
Heath Herring
Mark Coleman
Mark Coleman
Kevin Randleman
Mark Hunt
Semmy Schilt

None of these guys were old except Coleman.

He fought 4 "scrubs" with zero losses.

When you fight someone is absolutely relevant.

Beating Thiago Alves in 2009 and beating him in 2019 has different ramifications

Stipe has 13 wins in the UFC and 4 scrubs himself. Also lost 3 fights, including one scrub (Struve)

Del Rosario
Beltran
De Fries
Maldonado

Make a poll.
Polls on sherdog don’t matter

Ask fighters. Ask pros.

Polls on sherdog don’t matter

Ask fighters. Ask pros.

No problem. You just proved my point, actually. Add Dan Henderson and GSP to this list voting for Fedor too. (they aren't in the video)

Let's see people speak about Stipe flabbergasted like this. He's lukewarm and jack of all trades. Stipe has a good resume name-wise, but has a great chance at losing this next fight or an Ngannou rematch. Kudos to him if he prevails.

We can bump this after the Cormier rematch and see how you feel, especially if he loses.

As for fans, he just doesn't have that respect from them, and I do think it matters. Feel free to disagree.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-the-best-ever-mma-heavyweight.3992991/page-2

No problem. You just proved my point, actually. Add Dan Henderson and GSP to this list voting for Fedor too. (they aren't in the video)

Let's see people speak about Stipe flabbergasted like this. He's lukewarm and jack of all trades. Stipe has a good resume name-wise, but has a great chance at losing this next fight or an Ngannou rematch. Kudos to him if he prevails.

We can bump this after the Cormier rematch and see how you feel, especially if he loses.

As for fans, he just doesn't have that respect from them, and I do think it matters. Feel free to disagree.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-the-best-ever-mma-heavyweight.3992991/page-2

Those are old videos

Show me the compilation of Stipe being revered as anything more than a good champion.
People don’t make the videos because there isn’t some mystical aura, cult like following and marketing push for stipe

Meh, I just can't get fired up for this but admittedly there's no other option really. If DC wins, its fucking pointless because he'll retire there and then, in the Octagon. Which makes this a really pointless fight to be honest.

No one agrees with you. Stipe got fucked up by Struve, knockedo out by a fat LHW, got worked int he second fight too.

Nobody is a 100% guarantee win and you're entitled to your stupid opinions.

Fedor is considered GOAT. Stipe is probably top 5. If he gets murked by Ngannou in the rematch (likely), everyone will say he was never very good. That's how it works.
I agree with him.
Me too.

DC hugs him and grinds out a boring decision. He's not gonna take big risks in his retirement fight

I’m a DC fan but he simply cannot hug out a decision against Stipe.

Back