Stipe v. Blaydes is the fight to make

Telegraphed?... Ngannou threw the jab expecting Blaydes to counter with the jab and countered it with the right hook. He knew Blaydes was looking to counter and read the situation perfectly.

Blaydes shouldn't have been so willing to counter the jab before getting a feel for Ngannou's range but it's not like he stood there and got hit with a hail marry.

Look at the way Ngannou is holding his right hand in that gif. He might as well be holding a sign saying he's gonna throw it.

Look at the way Ngannou is holding his right hand in that gif. He might as well be holding a sign saying he's gonna throw it.
if he threw it without doing anything to hide it that would make sense but he used a jab to draw out Blaydes and countered it.
Watching from the outside it's easy to say it's an easy shot to block but Ngannou shows a nice set up for that right hand.

Blaydes shouldn't have been trying to counter so aggressive so early but that was Ngannou setting up his punch, not just a wild haymaker like he threw against Stipe.

The second fight showed the better fighter IMO.

If Stipe was winning the whole fight before the KO, I would agree with you. But it's truly amazing to me how many times I've seen people on this site totally dismiss a KO when the losing fighter was ahead (or even roughly even) on the scorecards. The idea that the first fight was a fluke, and the second fight clearly proved Stipe as superior, is complete nonsense. Equally ridiculous is the notion that Stipe is the best HW of all time, which I see thrown around a lot lately.

imo ngannou beat himself. he went nuts in the first round, gassed and was done. even then stipe could not hurt or finish him. i think a rematch sees ngannou compose himself and win rather easily.
People seem to forget. Stipe couldn't do shit to Francis. He didnt dominate Ngannou.
Ngannou was simply gassed. Stipe couldnt get anything close to a finish on a gassed Green Francis.
Rematch, Stipe gets beaten quite easily and quickly.
Both him and his training camp knows this.

Ngannou deserves the title shot more than anyone has for a long time.

He deserved it more than Stipe when Stipe got his rematch.

Since then, he's only further cemented the fact that he's the number 1 contender, including blasting away Blaydes.

TS for Ngannou.

People seem to forget. Stipe couldn't do shit to Francis. He didnt dominate Ngannou.
Ngannou was simply gassed. Stipe couldnt get anything close to a finish on a gassed Green Francis.
Rematch, Stipe gets beaten quite easily and quickly.
Both him and his training camp knows this.

Dc v Ngannou
Stipe v Blades

Winners face off
One loser gets Volkov

No way, I didn't even want Francis fighting for the belt yet, he beat two washed up guys and someone he had already beat. I am glad they are giving him Jairzinho, and if he wins I will be 100% okay with a title shot. So there is no fucking way that I think Blaydes should get a shot when he is obviously not able to get past the top contender.

He's still behind this guy in the title picture, who also happens to be a much bigger star...

3NpIn.gif

Also that right hand was so hilariously telegraphed yet it still landed.

Blaydes was drunk before that fight because Conor forced him to drink Proper 12 pre fight.

No way, I didn't even want Francis fighting for the belt yet, he beat two washed up guys and someone he had already beat. I am glad they are giving him Jairzinho, and if he wins I will be 100% okay with a title shot. So there is no fucking way that I think Blaydes should get a shot when he is obviously not able to get past the top contender.

Then Rosenstein or whomever beat Undereem

If Frank loses against Roz - yes. If he wins, then Stipe vs Francis 2 makes more sense, since Curtis has trailed twice to that guy.

Then Rosenstein or whomever beat Undereem
That is who Francis is fighting next. If Francis wins, they could make Blaydes vs Rozenstruik. And if Rozenstruik wins Blaydes could easily fall into a #1 contender match against him. That's the only way I see Blayde's getting a titleshot without going through Francis.

He should have called out Dc after the fight

Blaydes looked like a killer against JDS and he's fast as hell, I think he could beat Stipe.

Cormier can fight Ngannou for next #1 contender.

What say you?

<{vega}>

Cormier reading this thread:
:rustled:
Totally agree.

Blaydes looked like a killer against JDS and he's fast as hell, I think he could beat Stipe.

Cormier can fight Ngannou for next #1 contender.

What say you?

<{vega}>

Cormier reading this thread:
:rustled:
Sounds absolutely terrible. I'm all for new matches but there should be no world where Ngannou vs Stipe 2 doesn't happen before Blaydes shot. Ngannou has better wins in better style including Blaydes himself.

Blaydes vs Volkov can be #1 contender after.

DC should man up and retire, he's screwing everyone over.

Blaydes is a good match up as any, I'd like to see a DC vs Stipe III rematch to end the trilogy. I don't know why Rozenstruik is fighting Ngannou it makes no sense to me, Rozenstruik barely got past an overhill the Overeem who looked scared to commit to takedowns and strikes. if Rozenstruik wins, he is not ready for someone of Stipes caliber. If Ngannou wins, he should be next in line

As for Blaydes I don't know who he can fight. Whoever is doing the matchmaking has made a mess though Stipe & DC are not making it any easier for them.

Last time i checked Ngannou beat Blaydes, like, twice...so, fuck no.

Ngannou destroyed him recently. The winner of Ngannou Rozenstruik should get the shot so probably Ngannou again

Back