• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe the overhyped champ vs DC

I think Stipe is very interesting IN THE CAGE. He has dealt with each title defense differently and his run of wins is inclusive of the best heavyweights.

Fedor, Nog, etc,, built their own records by winning against some old fighers or weird matchups.

Stipe is not overhyped. Neither is Cormier.. This is a true superfight.

qUqkevs.jpg

9wRMyzY.jpg

Lol Stipe is the exact opposite of overhyped. If anything he's underrated af given his record.
If anything DC is the overhyped fighter. He’s been in GOAT talks while never even being the best fighter at his own weight class lmao!

Overhyped?

He is the most shit on HW champ since Sylvia. He holds the HW record for defense and knocks most guys out and people still shit on him. He constantly gets bashed for not drawing well despite the UFC only having like three noteworthy draws alltogether.

Overhyped my ass. He might be the most underrated HW champ ever looking at what he has done.

Stipe haters are pathetic.

Hmm last time I checked the UFC and many like Rogan, were now calling him the greatest HW ever, so actually he is over hyped, because beating a bunch of past their prime fighters over 3 years is not enough to warrant that tag. He is solid but thats it imo.

Those guys only work 2 days per week right...but they are on those entire 2 days at any hour.

Is that really how all firefighter's hours work?? I thought they ran shifts like cops.

The irony in this post is that DC is even more overrated anyway than Stipe.

He got a good win against Bigfoot
He beat a washed up Barnett
He beat a washed up Mir
he squeaked by a decision against Gus
Beat crumble twice.

Bigfoot was 16-2 and had never been stopped before DC ko'ed him in 1 round.

'washed up' Barnett was on a 8 fight 4 year unbeaten streak when DC beat him up over 5 rounds.

Gus he squeaked past just like Jones

Stopped Rumble, the scariest guy in MMA twice.

All 4 of them were in their prime. Not to mention a bunch of good wins, against Silva, Mir, Nelson , Henderson.

Is that really how all firefighter's hours work?? I thought they ran shifts like cops.
most fire fighters work 20-48 hour shifts from what ive gathered. 2-3 days a week. they sleep at the firehouse and go home when the shifts over as long as there arent any calls.

most fire fighters work 20-48 hour shifts from what ive gathered. 2-3 days a week. they sleep at the firehouse and go home when the shifts over as long as there arent any calls.

Wish someone had clued me in to this about 20 years ago. :)

Through out the history of mma we've had goats like Fedor and greats like Big Nog, Randy Couture and Werdum.
Just dont feel Stipe is up there w/wht these champs have done.

Beating Overeem and Hunt who are 2 old Pride dinosaurs.
Beating Werdum who got caught cuz he was reckless.
Beating Francis who was dangerous but inexperienced.
Stipe is tied 1-1 with JDS.

Dana is not going to be happy til that belt is off Stipe.
Looking at this gives me the feeling DC will beat Stipe. DC wont be out wrestled and his chin stood up against Rumble and Volkan,so that wont work.
And every fight 90% people on this forum say he going to lose and he over rated. But the last 6 fights he proves himself. 90% of you under estimate him.

When he beats dc everyone that saying he overhyped in thread going say dc is old over the hill. Then the next fight y’all will find something else to diss him about.

These are some of the dumbest threads on sherdog. "Let me go through fighters' records and find ways to discredit wins over established guys and make excuses for defeats, or vice versa." It's been done a million times and is always idiotic. You're trying to discredit Overeem, Werdum and Mark Hunt? Are you a noob? Those are 3 of the top 10 or 15 HWs of all time, and a washed-up Mark Hunt still hits harder than pretty much anyone on the current roster.

I am not even a Stipe fan and I still find this take intolerably stupid
Right.. after he beats dc they going make up reason to discredit stipe. Then next fighter they will make this thread just like his last 6 fights. Dc going night night.

And every fight 90% people on this forum say he going to lose and he over rated. But the last 6 fights he proves himself. 90% of you under estimate him.

When he beats dc everyone that saying he overhyped in thread going say dc is old over the hill. Then the next fight y’all will find something else to diss him about.
I predicted the 1st lost to JDS and i was wrong thinking Francis would beat Stipe. Didnt knw Francis was a dumbass and didnt train any wrestling.

I predicted the 1st lost to JDS and i was wrong thinking Francis would beat Stipe. Didnt knw Francis was a dumbass and didnt train any wrestling.
It's different predicting a fight because you think that fighter might beat him and like them. But say someone is over rated when he has over came odds and has defend his belt 3 times. Just means everyone he beat are way over hyper and beyond over rated then. Last 4 fights they had some many thread saying he over rated.

Timing is kind of important you know....or do you regard Danny Williams a better fighter than Mike Tyson?
So your point is he's fighting guys who are past their prime, or not yet in their prime? That's literally the entire division man. Who exactly should he be fighting then?

So your point is he's fighting guys who are past their prime, or not yet in their prime? That's literally the entire division man. Who exactly should he be fighting then?
It’s not Stipe’s fault but he is smashing seniors who have been fighting for 15 to 20 years. Stipe is solid but not worthy of being in the HW GOAT discussion.

It’s not Stipe’s fault but he is smashing seniors who have been fighting for 15 to 20 years. Stipe is solid but not worthy of being in the HW GOAT discussion.
That's bullshit.... the fighters he beat would compete just fine with the fighters any other fighter has beaten. Instead of looking at their age, look at their performances.

Werdum, Overeem and JDS even at the time Stipe beat them would have given hell to anybody fighting during Fedor's streak including Fedor himself

That's bullshit.... the fighters he beat would compete just fine with the fighters any other fighter has beaten. Instead of looking at their age, look at their performances.

Werdum, Overeem and JDS even at the time Stipe beat them would have given hell to anybody fighting during Fedor's streak including Fedor himself
giphy.gif

MMA/Boxing Golden Rule: winning doesnt mean that u´re in your prime.

Back