Media Stipe Miocic Says Daniel Cormier "Won The Lottery" With Overhand Right KO

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
I'm picking Stipe in the rematch.

He knows now that he's going to have to break DC down and that one big shot is not gonna do it.

I'm pretty sure DC has better cardio than Stipe. I still think his best bet is to KO DC.

stipe.jpg

May as well be

Confirmed racist!

I still have Cormier beating Stipe. Another easy ko win for Cormier.

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

DC literally called this before it happened

"“Look man. There are some things that he does – especially when you get out of clinch positions where his hands are pretty low and that chin is way up in the air. He’s got a big ol’ face and I’m going to try and crack him upside his head."
This gif doesn’t tell the truth about the eye jab right before the cheap ass KO! I hope Stipe destroys DC into Bolivia

GiganticDrearyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

No he didn't, he called his shot before the fight on the analyst desk, said Stipe was vulnerable when getting out of the clinch - and he proved it later on.

Work on your weakness Stipe

Agree with what you said. I would love for Stipe to win the rematch i'm just not sure what he has for DC. Seems DC has his number but we'll see..
I think he's guaranteed to do better this time out. But to compare DC capitalizing on a tendency in ruthless fashion to "winning the lottery" is the type of hubris that got his ass flatlined in the first place.

It's not what you wanna hear if you're rooting for Stipe.

I think he's guaranteed to do better this time out. But to compare DC capitalizing on a tendency in ruthless fashion to "winning the lottery" is the type of hubris that got his ass flatlined in the first place.

agreed it would be in his best interest to go into the fight humble. imo

He should treat fistfights like burning buildings and proceed with caution.

Do people forget the huge eye poke that completely changed the momentum of the fight? Stipe was beating DC both in the standup and in wrestling and then DC panicked and did the INTENTIONAL Jonepoke that changed the fight. Stipe was working him over. After that nothing was the same.

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

DC literally called this before it happened

"“Look man. There are some things that he does – especially when you get out of clinch positions where his hands are pretty low and that chin is way up in the air. He’s got a big ol’ face and I’m going to try and crack him upside his head."
People hate reality.

And stipe won the lottery when Werdum went full retard and ran into the right cross. You can play this game ad nauseam but it's a poor way to assess the way a fight plays out
Werdum was trying to trigger a TD attempt from stipe by being hyper aggressive. He gets hit on the feet a lot even though he's very good. Lot's of guys can KO him because of this.

I don't see how Stipe beats DC. DC is too fast and has better cardio.

Then again, Stipe is good in rematches..
by stuffing takedown and landing hard shots like he was in the 1st fight up until he got KO'd. It was competeive and Stipe actually had the edge for most of that fight.

And stipe won the lottery when Werdum went full retard and ran into the right cross. You can play this game ad nauseam but it's a poor way to assess the way a fight plays out
Not true

Only reason Werdum charged at him was when he got cracked by a straight right a few seconds ago

And Werdum does that in a lot of his fights

Not true

Only reason Werdum charged at him was when he got cracked by a straight right a few seconds ago

And Werdum does that in a lot of his fights
Which is what I'm saying, nothing in the confines of a signed, sanctioned prizefight should be considered "Winning the lottery"
If the door shuts, the ref says go and the attack works out, you'd be better off accepting that you got got.

To correlate it with dumb luck is delusional. Stipe is a reasonable guy, that comparison was either dumb or dishonest.

It definitely wasn't a lucky punch, but I would still favor Stipe in the rematch. He was hurting Cormier visibly with every punch. If he fights smarter and avoids the clinch, I think it's his fight to lose.

Back