Stimulant question

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Coleman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Coleman

Coleman White Belt

I know that some stimulants help you concentrate. That's basically what ADD medicine is.

I'm wondering if caffiene does the same thing. I don't drink much coffee or tea but if it would help my studying out a bit then I would like to start. I'd never take anything stronger than caffiene though. No adderall or anything like that. So maybe caffiene isnt strong enough to be worth it?

2. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

I drink coffee all the time and it definetly helps me. It keeps me more alert and sometimes increases drive and motivation. Its impossible for me to concentrate at all when I"m tired. I have only taken caffeeine and the occasional eph pill, never anything stronger and I don't care two. Caffeine and eph do all I need, and i"m doing relatively decent in school.

3. Chad Hamilton

Chad Hamilton Amateur Fighter

Rjkd spikes his with crack, don't let him fool ya.

4. blownards

blownards White Belt

nope. where'd you get your info? make sure it's peer reviewed. if you want an alternative to caffiene, try smoking. nicotine is also a stimulant.

5. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

Blownards, you are an idiot; I found that in a peer reviewed study. Its amusing how you always talk about studies and what studies have found yet you don't post any. Why not start posting studies that prove your point?

6. owned.

7. Zeirhk

Zeirhk Green Belt

But ADD/ADHD medicine (i.e. Ritalin) is legalized speed, ain't it ? :D

8. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

Not quite. I believe they are doing a better and better job of stimulating only certain parts in the brain rather than the whole body. Hence they are making more specific stimulants as to not have the (good or bad) side effects of a general stimulant.

So while ADD medication can be similar to plain old speed I think it isn't the same for giving that euphoric "high" that most meth people are looking for.