Stiff neck

lewisll

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you deal with them? Any stiff neck experts out there?

Also what could be the cause for it? I'm blaming my pillow. Sometimes in the morning when i wake up my hands are numb. I'm thinking this is all due to my pillow.

Right after opening this thread my neck is starting to spazz out.

Good going, dick.

Seriously, though, I've always been told to keep turning your neck towards the pain, if that makes sense.

How do you deal with them? Any stiff neck experts out there?

Also what could be the cause for it? I'm blaming my pillow. Sometimes in the morning when i wake up my hands are numb. I'm thinking this is all due to my pillow.

Very common. A nerve is being pinched in your neck and it will effect your entire [right or left depending on which nerve] arm. It starts with tingling of fingers and gradual increasing numbness. I let mine go on too long and when I finally diagnosed it, I had a herniated disc in my neck, probably from doing weighted neck bridges. Cervical pillows help a lot, as do neck traction and neck stretching exercises - look em up on youtube.

Another big culprit is poor posture while sitting. If your neck/head leans forward, it will put put pressure on your nerves and if you dont address this while youre young, youll be 40 years old living with constant pain.

Everyday, I do 30 yes motions, 30 no, 30 maybe (side to side), and 10 circular rotations in both directions. Haven't had neck problems since (knock on wood).

This should help unless you have some kind of condition or special circumstances.

computer could be a culprit

make sure the screen is at eye line

Thanks for the advice.

I'm thinking of sleeping without a pillow tonight, maybe just roll a towel and place it under my neck.

Everyday, I do 30 yes motions, 30 no, 30 maybe (side to side), and 10 circular rotations in both directions. Haven't had neck problems since (knock on wood).

This should help unless you have some kind of condition or special circumstances.

This absolutely.

Gotta protect ya neck. Could very well be the pillow. I switched to a tempur pedic. It helped a little.

One of the greatest exercises I've learned since I started boxing are neck bridges. Whether holding my weight up on my head or rocking back and forth. Its amazing what having good neck strength can save you from.

However, I wouldnt recommended doing them if you experience any pain right off the bat.

Holy crap at this thread popping up.. I have a stiff neck for the first time in 5 years starting yesterday.

Back