Stevie Johnston vs Edner Cherry Tonight on ESPN2

It's not him. Sorry. The guy had the cap though. And he kind of looked like Lewis. Atlas would have probably killed Lewis before he could have got to the ring.

copying the captain's hat is still a serious offense.

Yeah, Johnston and Norwood need to retire and Williams probably does, too, before somebody takes him out as well.

Yeah, Johnston and Norwood need to retire and Williams probably does, too, before somebody takes him out as well.

williams was only fighting a 6 rounder again a lower level opponent. If he needs money, that level seems fine for him at the moment. It isnt like he was fighting a young gun like Cherry. I missed the first fight though, just saw the knockout.

i hate watching fighters im a fan of getting knocked out like stevie did.

Cherry looked good, I'll agree. I also think it's a bit sad to watch fighters you remember as being good or even great fighting past their primes and getting whacked out for it.

Cherry went in there and did what he had to do.
IMO if he wants to win a strap, which is something I'm not sure he can do, he's has to improve the effectiveness of his left hand.

Stevie Johnston is probably my all-time favorite. What a warrior.

i don't know if i see a title in the cards for cherry; i just think he is missing something, physically he has the tools, but he is missing something mentally to me and he is just a little too limited tech..an lacks the dynamic ability to make up for that

Cherry kind of sucks. He reminds me of a Sechew Powell talent level. I hate seeing Little but Bad lose to inferior guys like this. Sad. Retire, Stevie.

Cherry should make a nice career as a "step up" for prospects, but I can think of probably 8-10 people @ 135 that would handle him right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back